Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Reduce Bounce Rate Of Website. (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56016)

shellymiessner 14th March 2013 03:40 AM

Reduce Bounce Rate Of Website.

Before 4 months my website bounce rate was 20 % and then its decrease up to 5% but from last 2 weeks its increasing and now its 25% which is alarming. What should I do?

To Decrease my Bounce Rate.
To Stable it.

Share your opinion

borgninestallon 21st March 2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellymiessner (Post 187179)
Before 4 months my website bounce rate was 20 % and then its decrease up to 5% but from last 2 weeks its increasing and now its 25% which is alarming. What should I do?

To Stable it.

Share your opinion

I think there might be some error in the google webmaster results. Earlier there is a major error in the total number of backlinks when checked for sites in Google webmaster. It has been reduced much and again it is regained to the original number. Because of this many seo professionals faced huge problems.

semaphore.v 21st March 2013 08:08 AM

re:

Can you find and compare your analytics, what kind of traffic you had? How much organic traffic? How much direct traffic? And how much referral traffic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellymiessner (Post 187179)

To Stable it.

Share your opinion

Angychesler 23rd March 2013 09:59 PM

bounce rate

I noticed that my bounce rate increase after I signed up for Google adwords. After looking at my google analytics statistics I realized that my google cpc was up to 96% bounce rate. I changed my keywords and my settings and got it down to 50%.
Another factor is loading speed. If a side loads slow, visitors leave.

stanleywym 25th March 2013 02:58 AM

What is your website about? If you have long article in your website, try to split it into smaller sections. It will help reduces the bounce rate and also the time taken to load the page.

semaphore.v 25th March 2013 08:06 AM

re:

@Angychesler; true because your site receiving targeted traffic..
@all; some webmaster could not understand Google analytics properly because it has so many faction, you can generate more than 20 type of report from one analytics page. Piwik is easy tool and gives you 100% proper analytics.

Jessicacis 29th August 2013 02:18 AM

Usually bounce rate increases if your website's entrance or landing page is not attractive or you have a single page website. Bounce rate also effects due to marketing activities performed on daily basis. High Bounce rate is not always bad if your conversions are done without moving to other pages of the website. And, Low bounce rate with high page views and low conversion does not mean that your users are happy there may be possibility that they are not getting what they are searching for.

jessicarobin 19th September 2013 04:21 AM

Reduce Bounce Rate of Website

The first thing to do is not to have misleading tags or misleading titles. The next thing to do is to make sure that your content is focused. So if you use tags and titles which bring visitors who are looking for what you have on your site and your site has content with the information they are looking for, they will stay.

EJKIV 19th September 2013 12:09 PM

As has been mentioned already, bounce rate can come from many things. If your marketing conversion is done without switching pages your bounce rate should be higher.

Have you looked at your in page analytics? This could help you figure out if people are performing the actions that you want them to.

panthervision23 20th September 2013 01:12 AM

Perhaps you posted a content that turns off many visitors. By the way, have you updated something in your website?