Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions About the Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   You Can Now Post Articles In The Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18867)

Logan 14th April 2008 01:45 PM

You Can Now Post Articles In The Forum

Hello All:

In the past we have not allowed a lot of threads which were referring to online articles and blog posts from other sites. We are going to change this up a bit, and do a test run to see how it goes.

You can now post articles within the forum. There are a couple qualifications we will be initially putting in place to see how it goes -

1) The article must be good quality and contribute to the community. Moderators will be free to remove any articles posted for any reason.

2) Do not post the entire article.

-- Include a small quote from the article
-- Include a link to the article
-- Include your own comments and thoughts regarding the article.

3) Any article threads that have not received any responses/comments/conversation may be removed. Typically this will be reviewed on a weekly basis. If no other members have taken an interest in the article it will be removed.

An example, a current thread about an article that we consider to be of good quality is here -

Top 5 Reasons Why “The Customer Is Always Right” Is Wrong

http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=18838

Remember, this is a test run. So please feel free to give us any feedback here. My own opinion is that this has very little to do with 'articles' and more to do with quality of the content. I believe if we can keep the quality up, allowing members to discuss various articles online is a good thing.

RayGoneFishing 14th April 2008 03:36 PM

Good idea, I like the new policy. :thumbsup: I hope members will use it to start discussions about interesting topics and keep blatant self-promotion to a minimum.

Crimson Fox 16th April 2008 08:18 AM

That will certainly make it easier for me to bring up discussions I'm having over at my blog without having to tip toe around the issue.

I'm sure the moderators will keep any problems in check.

Softix 16th April 2008 08:55 PM

Definatly a good idea so we can communicate more on the forum and bring in more members so maybe its their first time reading an article and they find it here and stay a member =)

Logan 17th April 2008 01:52 PM

Thanks for the feedback! I'm all ears and it helps me a lot to hear from you guys about this.

So far all has been positive regarding this and the threads that have been started about articles. Thank you to those who have started posting their articles!!

One member asked me about this, so to clarify for all - the date the article was published is not a consideration. You are not restricted to posting only new articles published within the past few days.

The primary consideration regarding if a thread about an article/blog post is allowed will be based on the community responses, or lack of, to that article. Simple as that.

smartmind 18th November 2009 12:06 AM

Hi fellows:
It is nice to provide the users such opportunity so that they may make the forum productive and useful for them. I like this idea very much. Hope other members will also appreciate it.
Thanks!

pamelaparera 1st December 2009 01:24 AM

Thanks for the idea friend..

mark_robinson77 28th December 2009 02:53 PM

Well its a wonderful idea and positive approach, it helps to gave positive links and information, just hope people wont use it wrongly, nice job

Logan 8th January 2010 02:14 PM

We haven't had any issue since this began with people misusing it.

Several members have taken advantage of it by posting their articles regularly and they frequently lead to great conversations. When we started this, I stated ...

Quote:

Any article threads that have not received any responses/comments/conversation may be removed. Typically this will be reviewed on a weekly basis. If no other members have taken an interest in the article it will be removed.
Thankfully that has hardly been an issue as the articles posted have been of excellent quality and have led to more conversations.

Keep the feedback coming. It's very helpful and appreciated!!

Hampers 6th July 2010 11:47 PM

Ok its a good idea. My articles are of general appeal although of course they do promote my website. Please be gentle with me until I get the hang of it.
Cheers,
Brendan