Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Attract Attention To Your Booth At A Show (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16508)

JackieHFS 16th January 2008 12:54 PM

Attract Attention To Your Booth At A Show

What is the best way to get people to stop by your booth at a trade show or expo? I am already doing pre show mailers and provide some sponsorships anything else you can think of? Thanks

HotCopywriter 16th January 2008 04:25 PM

I find myself attracted to a well-designed sign/banner and a booth with an open and friendly feel. I think carpet works well, too. It feels better on your feet that hard floors in exhibition halls, too.

If there's a bonus/freebie/handout, make sure it's visible from a distance away.

One booth I remember that was attractive was one that served free espresso/cappuccino.

Make sure you banner is proof-read, too! Nothing like a typo on a banner...

Tom Young 16th January 2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieHFS (Post 60849)
What is the best way to get people to stop by your booth at a trade show or expo?

Although I retired from doing shows in 2006, I did my first show in 1975. It does not matter what type of show you may do. The basics are the same.

Next to having an attractive booth nothing works better to attract interest than being friendly and having a positive attitude.

Good luck with your show,

Tom

mktgbiz 17th January 2008 08:25 AM

Jackie -
One of the things that has worked on me in the past, and I'm sure will work in the future is, an invitation by mail to stop by the booth for a freebie.

Something free.........Always works on me.

JackieHFS 17th January 2008 01:06 PM

Creating traffic to your trade show booth

Sounds like a great plan. I know we are doing a pre show mailing and we are trying to come up with a good giveaway. I would say most of the people attending will be men. I am trying to come up with a good giveaway that will not cost a fortune. Will probably need between 500 to 1,000.

Thanks
Jackie

justgowithit 17th January 2008 02:12 PM

I was looking around for ideas for a good give-away and came across this article from Exhibitor Magazine posted on another site. It's a pretty good read and offers some interesting information.

What's the Right Giveaway?

My two cents....
I-Phones or similar trendy consumer electronics always seem to draw large crowds and are pretty market indifferent.

sdk1988 18th January 2008 07:43 AM

Agree strongly on the pre-show marketing, I find that if you invite them, as well as have something about bringing the invitation to claim the promotional item, you have some success as well getting prospects into your exhibit space.

As well as, you can have something on the invite stating, bring this, for a free giveaway..as well as an entry into our "larger" item... that way, you have the draw for not one item, but two, and yet, and that may be where that Iphone comes into play... one large ticket item.

sdk1988 18th January 2008 07:44 AM

Post show follow up is also a must, then find out what they thought of that years giveaway...friendly chat!

Tom Young 18th January 2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdk1988 (Post 60984)
Post show follow up is also a must, then find out what they thought of that years giveaway...friendly chat!

Be sure to check the business card that you get from a booth visitor for contact information. Do not be surprised if a card does not have the correct contact person's name on it.

After you establish the contact - who, what, when and where - ask when a good time to call will be.

Tom

JackieHFS 18th January 2008 11:20 AM

Trade show traffic

I have to say I am so glad I joined this site. You all have been helping me with great ideas. This is my plan. We are going to pre market to our warm to hot prospect list and include something they will bring to our booth and they will get a small flashlight with key ring. Link below so you can tell me what you all think! http://www.crownprod.com/images/items/MTYBRITE_XL.jpg They will also present us with their "real business" card with their name/contact information on it and be entered to win 2 Tickets to a professional Boston Sports Team. We will have another give away or two at our booth for the others who stroll by of course. I will order extra flashlights too because you know someone will ask about them after they see them and they maybe someone we didn't think about but can work into our marketing plans.

Well there you have my give away pre promotion plans. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Thanks you all have been great!