Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Regarding Content In Web 2.0 Pages (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55547)

sutisoft123 11th February 2013 06:00 AM

Regarding Content In Web 2.0 Pages

Hi Everyone,

Can we use our own website content for creation of web 2.0 pages.(i.e., can we use atleast one paragraph of main site or shall we not use any thing). Is this process is a spam or we can continue in promotion in blogs.

Thanking You In Advance....

KScott55 11th February 2013 11:00 AM

I would not copy/paste any content from your site for use on a web2.0. This will likely devalue the web2.0 page because of duplicate content issues.

abhirampathak3 12th February 2013 01:28 AM

No, It will be copy, copy content is not beneficial for your site. In present time content is the king. So always you have to use unique and informative content.

Wayne Liew 12th February 2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sutisoft123 (Post 185378)
Hi Everyone,

Can we use our own website content for creation of web 2.0 pages.(i.e., can we use atleast one paragraph of main site or shall we not use any thing). Is this process is a spam or we can continue in promotion in blogs.

It will not be spam if the piece of content that you are publishing to these Web 2.0 or social media pages are considered to be useful for other members of the service.

The description or summary of a submitted content on a social media site aims to get users interested in the content that you shared so that they click on it to find out more. If the first paragraph of the content that you are sharing is intriguing enough, I don't see why you shouldn't use it.

borgninestallon 13th February 2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Liew (Post 185500)
It will not be spam if the piece of content that you are publishing to these Web 2.0 or social media pages are considered to be useful for other members of the service.

The description or summary of a submitted content on a social media site aims to get users interested in the content that you shared so that they click on it to find out more. If the first paragraph of the content that you are sharing is intriguing enough, I don't see why you shouldn't use it.

Thanks. But i use the article which i already posted in my site for doing web2.0 sites. Is it good for ranking the site or will it leads to spam.?

JackD 14th February 2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sutisoft123 (Post 185378)
Hi Everyone,

Yes, indeed it is included in spamming. Direct copy paste from any place is harmful for your work. Best way is to rewrite the same concept in different formatting and words.

Best of Luck!

borgninestallon 15th February 2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackD (Post 185579)
Yes, indeed it is included in spamming. Direct copy paste from any place is harmful for your work. Best way is to rewrite the same concept in different formatting and words.

Best of Luck!

Thanks Jack. I follow your words. Just started to re-draft the existing content and going to check whether my keywords could come up.