Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sales (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Getting People Trust! (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39889)

Whitelephant 28th March 2011 05:31 PM

Getting People Trust!

One of my biggest problems for my new online business. Is that people don't really trust my brand new business yet. So my question is. How do i get people to trust into my business??

DIYSBMarketing 28th March 2011 07:41 PM

Building Trust

Of course you want to be trustworthy in your dealings with your customers, but to get people to trust you enough to give you a try, I suggest a couple of methods for building your reputation.

I have had a lot of success getting new business from posting informational videos and articles online. Not only are these a good way to get exposure for your business, they help to establish you as an expert in your field. That "expert status" combined with the fact that you are sharing your knowledge freely will go a long way towards establishing trust.

One other thing that helps a lot in establishing trust with prospective customers is making strong offers using "risk-reversal" - that is, giving people a money-back guarantee or similar offer prominently displayed in your advertising and in your place of business. A lot of new business owners are afraid to make such offers thinking that people will take advantage of them, but in my experience, very few people request their money back (of course, you need to have good products/services so that people will be happy with what your business provides).

Good luck!

George Best

MailMinded 28th March 2011 08:28 PM

How to Build Trust

I guess the number one thing to building trust for your product is to have a working website. When I visited your website, I got a listing of all the files in the root directory.

Index of /

* a.1.jpg
* a.3.jpg
* a.jpg
* base.swf
* bottombg.png
* browser_gra012.png
* cgi-bin/
* coddon/
* combine.php
* contact.php
* content.swf
* createdby.swf

... and more...

Whitelephant 29th March 2011 04:05 PM

My website is now 100% up and working.

MailMinded 30th March 2011 10:29 AM

How to Build Trust

Ok your site is now working. Here is my initial thoughts:

Your website is esthetically appealing but the most important part of your website is the main image at the head of the page. That is where my eyes went first and my first thoughts were: This is an information site. What is White Elephant Gifts? Picture of the house, what baring does it have with White Elephants.

Everything made more sense when I actually read the content of the page. As you know or someone has told you before you only have a few seconds to get someone to stay on your site. The message you have conveyed in the content of your main page needs to go into the main image.

Secondly you used words like "cool, exciting, and fun way" but failed to capture that feeling in your selection of colors for the site. The colors you used seem to dampen the fun and exciting feeling.

As I previously stated, your website is the number one tool you use every day to build trust and brand recognition. You maybe thinking, what do I know about websites? Well, I can tell you that I have worked on websites from the smallest startup companies to Fortune 500.

Good Luck!

Gary Barzel 29th August 2011 08:55 AM

Another way to get people to trust you is by making them feel you are real. Instead of using the same old cliche to describe your business, how about giving people a bit of the story behind your company? Why was it started and how did you build it? When you can tell a story in your own voice, it creates a foundation for believability in everything else you do online.

BeTheBest 29th August 2011 11:44 AM

Credibility and Trust:

Quote:

Another way to get people to trust you is by making them feel you are real
I agree 100%! Open up and let visitors know who you are.

You should also...

- Develop an e-mail list and build a relationship
- Add testimonials; as many as you can. Not just 'self serving' statements like you're really good!
- Phone number? Toll free 1-800 is the best. Even if it goes to a message (But you better return those calls) that proves you are REAL!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

LFinkle 12th October 2011 08:49 AM

Trust comes from doing what you say when you say you are going to do it. One thing you might do early on is offer guarantees. Statistically you won't likely have to refund money but the guarantee often helps them feel more secure. Get testimonials from anyone who has used your service before and post them on your site.

revenue4u 12th October 2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitelephant (Post 139623)
One of my biggest problems for my new online business. Is that people don't really trust my brand new business yet. So my question is. How do i get people to trust into my business??

Trust is difficult to gain, but much more easily lost and almost impossible to win back. Winning trust begins with building a relationship and always being honest and ethical in your dealings. They must first trust you as a person, and once you achieve that, you will find that they may be willing to join you in a new , perhaps even unproven, business venture.

numeric 17th October 2011 01:25 AM

I believe to gain their trust is to treat them just like a close friend of yours. Give them some free information first. Help them out with their needs and they'll come back to you. Always talk to them as if they're your best friend.