Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   LinkedIn (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40070)

Scott H 6th April 2011 02:15 PM

LinkedIn

Just wondering how effective other small business owners feel about the networking through LinkedIn. And how much business is generated through these connections?

dowson12345 8th April 2011 04:58 AM

Itdepends on a company, but it gives enough business for them to continue and to work on the market.

hdm 8th April 2011 05:40 AM

Welcome to the community, Scott. :wave2:

I think LinkedIn gives us the opportunity to connect and engage with like minded folk from near and far, just like twitter and this forum.

GeoffreyYu7 8th April 2011 01:39 PM

LinkedIn can be a very powerful tool for businesses. This is generally more true for B2B businesses than B2C businesses, but the above applies to both situations. If you just connect and talk with people, that's great, but that's not fully taking advantage of the medium. There are many things you can do on LinkedIn to boost awareness of your business, like optimizing your profile for LinkedIn search and participating or starting a group.

You can also advertise on LinkedIn, and since there are a hundred million professionals there, you are pretty much guaranteed your target audience will get your message.

innermountain 10th April 2011 07:51 PM

I think LinkedIn is a waste of time, but I may be sadly missing out on something great. It just seems that you have to pick your battles, and for me it doesn't seem worth the time.

GeoffreyYu7 11th April 2011 12:44 PM

Respectfully, you are missing something great. The 2011 research report by SocialMediaExaminer showed that 71% of businesses are on LinkedIn. If you are a B2B company, that means that 71% of your potential customer base is on LinkedIn, and by ignoring that you're ignoring entire avenues of ways to reach new customers. For B2C, Facebook is much more relevant, but LinkedIn is still incredibly important, and to not have a presence on there at all is a bad idea.

innermountain 11th April 2011 03:43 PM

Wow thanks for the feedback. I'll look into changing my ways and taking advantage of the benefits of Linkedin. Cheers

LloydBurrell 12th April 2011 03:55 AM

LinkedIn is great for small business owners. The problem is most of them don't dedicate a lot of time to building a strong profile and establishing connections. With LinkedIn, it's important to be consistent and to do regular updates to your profile.

jamesjohn09 6th June 2011 03:14 PM

LinkedIn

I think every company should have a LinkedIn a/c...it is very helpful to know more about other companies and also showing what your company is all about.

mainstreetguy 8th June 2011 09:05 PM

Linkedin really stands out as a tool for recruiters. That's where it shines.