Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where Is My Google Places Listing? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37010)

lenzcrafter 18th November 2010 06:18 AM

Where Is My Google Places Listing?

Simple one....when i log into my Google account i can see, read, and update my Google Places listing. But when i search for it i can not find it!!???

I recently updated my listing so maybe that is the problem?? But that was roughly on the 28th of October 2010!!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Ps my site is www.aandmschoolofmotoring.com

hdm 18th November 2010 09:15 AM

Yes, I received an email about updating my listing today. I haven't changed anything, as I think it may take a while to appear again. But, I just searched my usual keywords on google, where it usually appears, and the map does not appear now.

The email I received was entitled, "How*to*Benefit*from*Google’s*New*Format*for*First *Page*Search*Results",
so I'm not sure what's happening there.

lenzcrafter 18th November 2010 01:52 PM

HDM...not too sure what you are on about in regard to the "email"

I just want to know why Google has Booted me off completely for making small adjustments!!!

HELP!!!

VBish 18th November 2010 06:22 PM

I work a lot with google maps and usually this is because the site is not well known yet and the small adjustments make a huge change. So I usually just add a lot of citations right at the start to get things going.

hdm 19th November 2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenzcrafter (Post 130964)
HDM...not too sure what you are on about in regard to the "email"

I just want to know why Google has Booted me off completely for making small adjustments!!!

HELP!!!

I was letting you know that my listing is not appearing either, but wonder what their "new format" means.

freelancemom 19th November 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBish (Post 130984)
I work a lot with google maps and usually this is because the site is not well known yet and the small adjustments make a huge change. So I usually just add a lot of citations right at the start to get things going. If you need more help just pm me and I will be glad to help.

What do you mean by citations?

I personally find Google Maps to be a headache! :thud1:

VBish 19th November 2010 10:22 AM

citations is basically promoting your business, on different websites. They also allow you to gain popularity if you need more information I would be happy to help. Pm me if you like

Andy mehra 20th November 2010 06:45 AM

Hi,

I think citations is basically promoting your business, on different websites.

lenzcrafter 21st November 2010 05:32 AM

I dont actually think anyone knows why my listing has fallen off of Google after all of these years!!!
Even after ranking highly when they changed the way they show their results!
Come on people...there must be someone out there who knows?

Cheers

Matt.

VBish 21st November 2010 11:33 AM

Do yo have the recommended amount of full citations, maybe someone kicked you off because they had more reviews and citations.