Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Business Trends Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Using Your Intuition and the Law of Attraction In Business (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19234)

sannwood 7th May 2008 01:20 AM

Using Your Intuition and the Law of Attraction In Business

We had a really interesting guest on The Small Business Trends Radio Show recently who discussed the topic of trusting your gut - using your intuition to make successful business decisions. She trusted hers on one fateful day and it lead her to the thriving business she now has.

She shared a lot of interesting facts regarding well-known individuals throughout time that have relied on their intuition to guide them along in their creativity and business ventures. One of which is Bill Gates himself.

Quote:

Intuition is a primal gut instinct, built in for survival. When your pet senses danger – it retreats and follows its gut instinct. Humans are the only living creatures that ignore those primal gut instincts. We are the only living creatures that sense danger - yet continue to move toward it. . .

You can increase your intuition by — asking yourself an open ended question and then wait for information to arrive. Practice this by writing down your question on a piece of paper and placing it in your pocket. You will find that throughout your day, images may flood your mind, hunches may reveal themselves and flashes of insight will arrive. Remember, intuition contains a “fleeting” quality - do not dismiss fleeting thoughts. . .
On a related topic, another great show was one regarding the Law of Attraction to attract sales. Both of these topics go hand-in-hand for me and seemed to prompt some interesting responses from listeners as well.

Quote:

The Law of Attraction states that what you think about most, you ultimately attract. It’s possible to entice customers to come to YOU, but positive thinking is only part of the process. Attraction comes from one thing - and that’s action. Trouble is, most sales professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs don’t know what actions to take.
So what do you think? Do you believe in intuition and the Law of Attraction? Do you have your own personal stories of how it has worked for you? Has intuition ever guided you in your business or personal life?

Sporkman 7th May 2008 09:40 AM

...then again, if people followed their gut instincts, they wouldn't tend to give up their secure day jobs & regular paychecks to take the significant financial risk of starting up their own business (...or maybe they would...?)...

tchoob 7th May 2008 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporkman (Post 68304)
...then again, if people followed their gut instincts, they wouldn't tend to give up their secure day jobs & regular paychecks to take the significant financial risk of starting up their own business (...or maybe they would...?)...

That's your conscious mind talking, not instinct. That's your conscious mind asking questions like: "and what if I fail?". At least that's what my NLP coach is saying :). I think that's really hard to silence your conscious mind and let the instincts work.

stillwagon428 7th May 2008 03:26 PM

I think positive thinking increases your chances of success because it draws people towards you. If you have a negative attitude, your never going to attract people to do business with you. Thus, you create your own failure.

sannwood 8th May 2008 02:14 PM

Sporkman, that's funny and you make a good point! And tchoob I can see what you're saying. I have to agree with you that it is difficult to silence your conscious mind and run off of instincts. But I think if we could all learn to at least acknowledge those instincts, we'd be better off for it.

Logan 8th May 2008 02:18 PM

Hi Sannwood, I agree. Also if you are looking for a good read on this, pick up "Blink by Malcolm Gladwell". A must read, on the topic of going with your gut.

sannwood 12th May 2008 11:51 AM

Logan, thanks for the heads up on that book. I'm always looking for a good read! It's on my wish list now. . . Thanks again!

veronica 28th May 2008 01:04 AM

I agree Sannwood, sometimes ts our intuition only which we can rely on in our business when needed. I'm still practicing to get best access to my intuitions.

I read it somewhere that 'a surprising number of business leaders also use intuition to help them make business decisions. In a poll conducted by PRWeek and Burson-Marsteller, the majority of the 252 CEOs surveyed said they were likely to rely on their intuition when making business decisions.'

sannwood 29th May 2008 01:19 PM

Veronica, many a wise business man (and some very, very successful ones) rely heavily on their intuition and it has served them well.

Lynn discusses some of them in her audio interview and she also provides tips on how to build your intuition. It's an interesting show and one that's worth a listen. Good luck to you!

mgi 12th August 2008 11:50 PM

Somehow I do!

Somehow I do believe in intuition and law of attraction. But most of the time, business is crucial so better use your brain than believing purely in instincts!;)