Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions About the Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Making Your First Post (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4252)

Robert 27th February 2006 12:36 PM

Making Your First Post

So, you are ready to make your first post. Fantastic! With these instructions you'll see just how easy it is to post. If you need any help, please let me know by using this form. I'm here to help you and there are no dumb questions so don't be shy.

The easiest way to do this is to launch another browser window so you can read these instructions and walk through the steps without having to go back and forth between the pages.

The best place to start posting is in the "New Member Introductions" forum so I'll show you how to do that.

1. Go to the forums home page here: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/

2. Scroll down the page and find the forum where you want to post. In this case, you will want to find the "New Member Introductions" forum. Just look for our puppy near the top of the page and scroll down until you see the forums.

3. Once you've found the forum where you want to post, click the forum name to go there. In this case, the link address for the "New Member Introductions" forum is: http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...isplay.php?f=2

4. After you've followed that link, you'll find yourself in the "New Member Introductions" forum. You can always see where you are in the forum by finding our puppy at the top of the page and looking at the navigation bar just under her.

5. The next step is to create a new "Thread." A thread is a topic made up of individual posts that come one after another down the page. You'll make the first post in the thread and other members will post after you. To create your new thread, you'll click the graphic button that says "New Thread." To find the "New Thread" button, go to our puppy at the top of the page and go straight down until you run into the "New Thread" button.

6. Clicking the "New Thread" button will take you to a page where you'll create your post.

7. Enter the title of your post. For example "Hi Everybody."

8. Enter the body of your post. Tell us about yourself and your company. This post is about introducing yourself not trying to sell your services or promote your site. So, try something like "Howdy, I'm Robert and I run a web site called Small Business Brief. I'm from Houston and I'm looking forward to learning from everyone and making new friends."

9. Once you've entered the body of your post look below the text box where you entered your message and click the button marked "Submit New Thread."

That's it. Now, try and create your first post and let's see what happens. If you still have problems, don't worry, just let me know and I'll help you out.

As you are exploring the forum don't be afraid to try things. There is no way for you to "break" anything and you won't mess anything up. Plus, I can undo anything you do if necessary.

Oh, before I let you go, be sure and take a minute to read the Forum Rules. It will just take a few moments and you'll know what is and is not ok to do.

Alan Jack 18th December 2006 11:40 AM

I need to understand the steps to take to ask questions of other members; if this is the posting process, that's OK and I'll follow the steps. If it is some other process, then please reply with some steps to take to ask some questions I have about marketing tips for our new internet business.
Thank you
Alan Jack

Robert 18th December 2006 12:29 PM

Hi Alan,

Yes, the posting process is what you will use to ask questions. Find the most appropriate category for your question on the forum home page: http://smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/

... and use the instructions above to post your question.

Let me know if you need any help or if anything isn't clear.

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Robert

bankmpi2066 3rd September 2007 08:53 PM

gotcha!!

whitenoise 19th March 2008 08:26 AM

...and very shortly it will become rather addictive!! : )

Beji145 4th June 2008 09:00 PM

It's indeed a excellent forum for me as a consultant.

youbetcha1018 8th October 2008 11:46 AM

Thanks for posting this. This is what I need as a newbie in this forum. Actually, I'm having so much fun in this forum cuz I can learn alot and I can share some of the things I know.:)

swann 27th November 2008 02:26 AM

thanx for sharing this usefull information it will definitely proves me usefull for posting

wchua24 1st December 2008 09:35 AM

well also a newbie here. well kinda old actually about to few weeks back. but this surely is a good read for newbies and additional information again to me. thanks for that.

jv08 3rd December 2008 06:41 PM

Thanks for this info.

johnnylj 28th December 2008 12:00 AM

Thank you for the info - this is my first post! Hi guys.

Cohens1002 29th April 2009 01:56 PM

Post not showing

Hello,
Inew to the site, signed up yesterday. I posted a thread in the welcome forum and that is ok. I also posted a thread in the business ideas forum, how long does that take to post? It said it had to be approved by the moderator first. But that was yesterday.

Logan 29th April 2009 03:03 PM

Hi Cohens1002, welcome aboard :standingw

I've approved the thread you are talking about here -
http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=26073

It wasn't approved originally because it duplicated your new member intro, and there were multiple copies. No worries, you should be all set now!

theieu 26th May 2009 08:07 AM

hi Robert thanks for the information. After we have introduce our selves in the introduction forum, isn't that we can now post a reply on every topic being posted here, can we offer our product or services when we are replying to the related topic that were posted?

Logan 26th May 2009 08:13 AM

Hi theieu, thank you for asking. We do not allow self promotion, so you are not allowed to offer your product or service within posts. This is the case, even if the topic is related. We do allow you to have up to 2 signature links, so I would encourage you to provide your expert insight on the related topic and receive exposure through your signature link. On the same note, you may recommend products and services to others ... if they are not your own.

A few exceptions exist. This includes posting articles to share with others here, or also free offers you provide within our Free Links category. Additionally, we allow members to toot their own horn within our Success Stories category.

smartmind 25th November 2009 11:48 PM

Hi dear fellows:

I think Robert has posted very useful information. Do you agree?

lelah_jones 27th November 2009 04:59 AM

Thanks for the information. This is what I need as a newbie in this forum.

Sandrah 24th March 2010 05:45 AM

Hi Robert! First of all thanks a lot for letting me join the community!
The thing is I have been waiting for approving my introduction post and decided it was something wrong with it, so tried one more time, and then...noticed that my thread exists already...Hope you understand..

Logan 24th March 2010 10:57 AM

Hi Sandrah, thank you for joining in. No worries about that. We're all about letting you get used to using the forum and we just take care of things like that as they happen. No big deal on our end. Its just a quick delete for us. Make yourself at home!

jadesummer9 6th April 2010 11:50 AM

Hi this is a very informative post, thanks for sharing it. But i have a question. I followed your instruction few minutes ago. i made my first post, but after that it never show up. It say it is under moderators approval. If I may just ask. How any days before my post will be visible here? What if it was not approve? How do i go about it?

rlcaz 24th April 2010 10:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I am new and have no idea what I am doing but I hope to learn.

A.Turner 20th June 2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitenoise (Post 65506)
...and very shortly it will become rather addictive!! : )

Tell me about it! I am already addicted to forum posting!

herbertsmith 19th August 2010 05:18 AM

Thanks Robert.........

alexwood 25th September 2010 09:36 PM

why can't i see my first post here?

why can't i see my first post here?

Logan 25th September 2010 10:11 PM

It was approved. Here it is ...

http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=35844

alexwood 27th September 2010 03:03 AM

thanks Logan
yes, I can do it now
i am so happy

lawguy 24th February 2011 12:34 PM

Is there a post somewhere about what it takes to make immediate posts, etc? I have tried to join in on the board, but I am awaiting approval. Does this only happen for your first few posts?

Logan 24th February 2011 12:52 PM

Hi lawguy, yes its just the first few posts.

Welcome aboard :standingw

The Undertaker 17th August 2011 09:06 AM

Hi, already read the rules and in this forum. Actually, I never really know my way around forums but I think I just did when I read this thread. I actually commented a funeral director topic and was wondering co'z I never saw my post. Anyway, guess just have to wait for the moderators to approve it. It's nice to be here.

aliraza167 26th August 2011 04:14 PM

thanks

it has really had an impact on me - at long last I am actually starting to understand it! I understood your writing! *having a eureka moment here!* Thank you

All Season Bill 27th August 2011 09:03 PM

Greetings All

This is my first post and I'm anxious to be part of this forum. I'm just one of the many small business owners who just jump in there and start operating. I did that 5 years ago and I do not regret it. I have no problems with sales or marketing and of course I better know the technical end of my business. My overwelming aspect of this is the fact that I created a monster. The business is growing so fast and getting so big, I'm trying to figure out how to handle it all. Banks aren't helping so I'm just grunting it out.

All Season Bill 27th August 2011 09:10 PM

So - In this forum everything has to be approved by a moderater before it posts?

Logan 27th August 2011 09:52 PM

No, just the first few until we get familiar with you. For example you'll find your posts don't need to be premoderated Bill.

Spider 28th August 2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Season Bill (Post 150671)
Greetings All
This is my first post and I'm anxious to be part of this forum. I'm just one of the many small business owners who just jump in there and start operating. I did that 5 years ago and I do not regret it. I have no problems with sales or marketing and of course I better know the technical end of my business. My overwelming aspect of this is the fact that I created a monster. The business is growing so fast and getting so big, I'm trying to figure out how to handle it all. Banks aren't helping so I'm just grunting it out.

Welcome aboard, Bll. Why not start another thread about how to grow your business to keep up with the increased demand. Growing small businesses is my favorite part of my coaching business and I'd love to discuss this with you. But we can't do it in this thread.

kalyptra 8th September 2011 07:47 PM

oooppps, didn't read my email and this first. caused me a lot of time finding where and how to post my introduction.

but this is so fantastic and helpful....

i'll read some more.

Iris Johnson 28th January 2012 01:54 AM

Thanks for the guidance! Appreciate it. ;)

Erin Dominguez 16th February 2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan (Post 150673)
No, just the first few until we get familiar with you. For example you'll find your posts don't need to be premoderated Bill.

I see. I hope I'll reach that level. Thanks! :)

T_Rutherford 28th February 2012 07:55 AM

2nd post

This will be my 2nd post officially after saying hi, hello. I just wanna say this forum is well-managed and very informative. Thanks to all the people behind this!:welcome2:

sooldoomli 19th March 2012 07:53 AM

Thanks Admin, i did the same as you suggest.

BusinessTalk 22nd March 2012 10:49 AM

Can't Find My First Post

Hello, I'm new and have made may first post and can not find it. Wanted to know if I submitted it properly? Has it been posted?

Thanks,
BusinessTalk