Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Local Marketing (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   SEO Strategy? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70708)

WowCityMedia 9th October 2015 01:25 PM

SEO Strategy?

Is it true that forums will help increase your SEO ranking by providing high quality backlinks to your website. I would love to get your feedback please

JT
WowCityMedia.com

torka 12th October 2015 12:55 PM

No, it is NOT true.

And speaking as a forum moderator who has to deal with the deluge of spam we face every day, this is one bit of outdated advice that I really wish would finally die away.

Any link you can place yourself is (by Google's definition) not a "high quality" link. Whether you drop a link in a forum post, or you include it in your forum signature, Google is not going to value it highly -- assuming the forum in which you post even allows links to pass value in the first place (many do not).

There is one exception to this: if you are a valuable, active regular of a forum, it's possible that some of the other forum members might visit your website and find something of value there. If they choose to post a link to one of your pages on their own website or blog because they like something you posted and want to share it with their visitors, that's called an "earned editorial link." Such links can potentially be valuable.

But in general, plastering your link all over forums is not a viable "link building" tactic.

--Torka :iratep:

metricbuzz88 13th October 2015 06:58 AM

Forums are the great place where you can meet your business peoples and also customers. Many experts here in the world learning the business tactics with the help of forums.

Knowing IDEAS by Sharing IDEAS/ Asking QUESTIONS.

Of course many using forums for backlinks, you can find plenty of poor moderated forums online. That help for increasing the backlinks count. but Google will kick you for spam links. Very poor moderated forums are considered as spam.

Forums gives you traffic, you can check many forums a section for advertising. use those sections for advertising your products and services. Not in the posts unnecessarily.

jeffscott 14th October 2015 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WowCityMedia (Post 235019)
Is it true that forums will help increase your SEO ranking by providing high quality backlinks to your website.

A big NO for you and don't consider forums as a backlinks provider to your site and when you create a thread there is no need to include your website's URL because its obvious that you just want to promote.

Gadsubone 19th October 2015 04:42 AM

good information sharing here.Thanks/

grimdispatcher 26th July 2018 10:18 AM

I don't think so.. I think it's still better to link with high authority sites.

MBA Trainer 5th November 2018 09:32 AM

Forum links are useful but too much URL activities in forum can be considered as the spamming activity

chrismarklee 25th December 2018 05:10 PM

I am a local bussines and the focus of my marketing is Facebook

chrismarklee 14th January 2019 01:34 PM

IT is easy to move up on local seo. The hard part is the time it takes to leave do follow back links.