Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Social Media (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Do You Use Twitter For Business? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25484)

humairr 21st August 2009 12:48 AM

Ya , people from every field trying to use Twitter for their business, not IT or computing related

VBN411 21st August 2009 05:26 PM

yes. I think it's more effective when you direct your customers to your twitter page, and any other social media sites you may be a part of. You can embed the site logos on the homepage of your company's website. Most people will click on them and add you as a friend/follow you before leaving your website.

jeffaman 24th August 2009 08:04 AM

Twitter is good for business. It's easy to research your competitors to see what they're up to and it's possible to make some sales. However, I find that you need to stay active each day to get the most sales. If you just update once every couple of days you won't get great results. You need to stay active. I personally don't try and use it to make sales as I don't have time to log in and update 2 to 3 times per day.

I find methods such as postcard marketing do much better for my bank account and my time!

abuyouts 26th August 2009 11:16 AM

everyone is talking about twitter because of its effectiveness in business industry, I can't say much about it, I just aggressively twit and twit and someone does listen to me.. there are lots of ways on how to capture peoples attention but the most important is creativity and style of our twits.

BWelford 26th August 2009 01:41 PM

I think it is important to have a network of followers that you can contact via email when you have something important to get out. If they will ReTweet your tweets, then there is a much bigger chance that the resulting buzz will last for a little while.

Other useful tools are to use hashtags to get like-minded people aware of your tweets and also use the su.pr URL shortener that can also give you useful 'eyes' in the StumbleUpon community.

debbystewart 26th August 2009 10:59 PM

I have used twitter but haven't had much luck with it either. I get very few to no clicks on my tweets and the little traffic that I get does not convert.

peter carri 5th September 2009 05:45 AM

with all the competition around, a business establishment should use up all possible way to advertise. people are relying more and more on the internet so people should start thinking of promoting in the net.

aussieroo1 14th September 2009 10:22 PM

Twitter is a good marketing tool especially for online business. Announcements can be made on the website especially if you have a large network of followers.

john.2 26th September 2009 08:48 AM

yes i am total agree with you .Twitter is a great business site by it which we get lots of profit for our business.

ngseosept 30th September 2009 08:50 PM

Twitter for business is most effective when you have interesting content for your followers. Retweeting about an event or promotion can do loads for your business.