Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pay Per Click Advertising (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What % Of The Click Price Does A Website Get? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13599)

solid28 25th August 2007 03:27 AM

What % Of The Click Price Does A Website Get?

Starting this Christmas, I will put adwords on my site. Therefore, I need a rough idea of how much I can expect to make for each click on an ad.

The only way I found to get a rough idea of how much each click will earn me, is to look at how much google earns from the company that is advertising.

Let me give you an example. I went to google adwords to check prices for the term "Taipei Taiwan Hotel". It says I would need to pay $2.29 to be in the 1-3 ad position.

Questions:
Do these prices reflect the CPC for contextual ads within a website?
So if google makes $2.29, can I expect to receive $2, $1.50, or $1.00?

Thanks for your help,
Evan Jerkunica

Logan 25th August 2007 12:46 PM

I don't think there is an exact answer available, as it is difficult/impossible to know what the exact bids are versus what your payout is... but in general I think it is somewhere between 40 to 60%

solid28 25th August 2007 07:13 PM

Great %!!

That was the sort of figure I was hoping for. Alot of the terms go for $1 per click and therefore I can expect around $0.50 per ad click!!

Making the big bucks a few quarters at a time!!

Thanks for the reply Logan,
Evan

mspostal 28th August 2007 02:37 AM

Who are you parking with?

I think it depends on the Parking company. I have my site parked with Sedo and I have tried other parking companies. Most pay out less than Sedo for my domain. I think it depends on if you have a generic domain.

Logan 28th August 2007 01:15 PM

My reference was in regards to Google Adsense within content and not domain parking. I do not have experiences with domain name parking, but would be interested in hearing how others do with that also.

dll12677 25th September 2007 05:18 PM

How much can you expect to make on Adwords?

It will depend on your effectiveness of your ad, your landing page and your offer

PressureProsInc 25th September 2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solid28 (Post 51043)
That was the sort of figure I was hoping for. Alot of the terms go for $1 per click and therefore I can expect around $0.50 per ad click!!

Making the big bucks a few quarters at a time!!

Thanks for the reply Logan,
Evan

LOL

Fred333 27th September 2007 03:07 PM

Adwords is not like Adsense where you just set it up on the site and let it run. You need to constantly optimize the adcopy and keywords. Also I would suggest Google analytics if you do not have it already.

solid28 28th September 2007 11:24 AM

Yeah I've heard that...along with horror stories about people who just set it up, let it run, and burned through thousands with non-coverting ads!