Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Comparison Of Submission (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82304)

MBA Trainer 5th April 2020 01:29 PM

Comparison Of Submission

In the past article directories were the great resource for SEO campaign but today guest posting are at the high priority for SEO campaign. Please guide me which resource is most effective.

BenDorio 14th April 2020 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MBA Trainer (Post 267655)
In the past article directories were the great resource for SEO campaign but today guest posting are at the high priority for SEO campaign. Please guide me which resource is most effective.

:wave2: Depending on which directories you are talking about. There are business directories and they are absolutely appropriate method of link-building. From the marketing point of view you just make your business known by your target audience. Moreover, such directories as Trustpilot, or Stock websites tell about your business, first - due to the customer reviews, second to stock quotes and your business value. One more argument in a favour of this link type is that they are described in Google Accessors Guidelines (here is a link to PDF file) as White-hat techniques which Google considers when evaluating you backlink profile.

Second directory types are the "link-submit" directories. They are usually useless for your TA and bring not and added value to your users. They are only used for SEO-benefits to manipulate Google SERP. Such links are very risky as they're usually DOFOLLOW Anchor links on the pages with 100-1000 other outgoing external links. They're also hard to take off in the case when you need to clear your backlinks profile. Moreover directories risking to be filtered by Google and such links (especially anchor dofollow links which pass Page Rank will strongly damage your rankings). So I strongly not recommend to use them.

Anyway, if you still decide to use directories - be careful, look Similarweb to detect the traffic changes. If it falls - skip this donor. Also, check the positions, Keyword changes in Ahrefs and other indirect criteria of website "well-being". Surely, you should match the number of inсoming and outgoing external links. The number of incoming links should be much more than outgoing due to the "link juice" passed.

As for me and my experience the best links are still when your competitors link to your website. So juxtapose these criteria of donor as like as your competitors and try to apply this experience to your potential donor website.

I have a website Pokieslab for Australian market of online games (6 moth old). I do not like to build links and I just waiting util the links appear by itself - and they will as I submitted it to business directories and real players are already post their comments and it's amazing. If you want to give me any advice according to backlinks is the link to it. Further I'm thinking to apply content marketing strategies to get viral effects.. Will see. If you have any questions or recommendations according to the best links - I'll be also greatly indebted to see your ideas.

BenDorio 14th April 2020 10:59 AM

:cloud9: So I'm ready to help you and here is the list of methods and strategies that really work and will bring you benefits with combining it with your basic method. All anchor "dofollow" links should be "diluted" with the next links:

- Improve popular content, steal the links
- Group interviews (with 4+ members experts and they will share links to your blog on their sources)
- guest posting (should or can be the main method of linkbuilding)
- Broken link building (find broken links on authoritative websites, ask to replace them with yours)
- Missing link technique (find thematic posts and if your content of acceptor can complete and give an added value, ask to post the link to your website into the context of the article)
- Newsjacking
- Case Studies
- Old content update on donor pages
- Resource page linkbuilding (give the links to additional sources.
- Publishing insights and orginal data
- Influencers interviews
- Become a contributor
- HARO (write quality content, post it with the link)
- Inforgraphic, Music, Podcasts and many many many more. If you're interested any techniques in your niche I'll help yo to find it and discuss the best ways to make link building useful an bring you benefits:thumbsup2