Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website Development (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Software To Use In Developing Website? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37519)

MySmallBiz 13th December 2010 06:33 PM

Software To Use In Developing Website?

What do you guys use to build/develop your website?

zomex 14th December 2010 07:47 AM

Hello,

When I was on Windows I used Notepad++ and since moved to Mac I've been missing it greatly and now use Dreamweaver.

There's many different options available. If you're using for software let us know your situation and I'm sure we'll be able to recommend something that suits your needs.

Jack

feshusband 14th December 2010 09:57 AM

Dreamweaver

We primarily use Dreamweaver

Jax4fun 14th December 2010 03:37 PM

I use SBI! although they are more than a website builder. They work to help build the site from a business perspective. So it would include- brainstorming, keywords, how to organize your page for seo and visitors, newsletters and rss feeds, a helpful forum, how to monetize your site, and more.

It may be more than your looking for, but it's a great company. Check out my inspirational quotes website to see what a basic site looks like and how it functions.

Timothy Scotch 14th December 2010 04:57 PM

We use Visual studio in conjunction with Umbraco CMS, and 960grid system for pretty much all our sites.

In the past I have used UltraEdit for PHP based stuff which I think is pretty good. Aptana is another one to look at that I think is probably going places.

We do everything by hand, as its the quickest best way to write clean code, haven't used Dreamweaver for about 10 years.

What you use depends on what kind of site you are developing, along with your knowledge and skills, there is not enough information in the original post to provide any useful response unfortunately.

ezyebusiness 17th December 2010 12:00 AM

I have for a number of years used 'Dreamweaver' but for the past 3 years have been using JOOMLA Content management system.

MySmallBiz 22nd December 2010 03:58 PM

Which software is user-friendly?

habeeb24 4th January 2011 06:38 PM

Hi,

I use Joomla CMS tool for developing my websites and i'm successful with Joomla. I believe Joomla is the best and more user friendly software to develop websites.

robertl 2nd February 2011 12:30 AM

We use Ruby on Rails 3.0, Node.js, CSS, MySQL, MongoDB, and stuff like that. Do all our hosting on Heroku now. Incredible cloud hosting service it is.

robertl 2nd February 2011 12:33 AM

Depends on how good your user skills are. I think Ruby on Rails 3.0 is one of the easier development frameworks to figure out but the big thing is that it's all written in Ruby and ruby is 100% object oriented. What that means is all the objects and classes are reusable and when you reuse them in your applications they tend to work in a reliable manner.