Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Viral Marketing (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How To Get More Views On Youtube? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62337)

venkatesharun 9th January 2014 12:20 AM

How To Get More Views On Youtube?

Hi I make gaming videos on youtube and was wondering how to get more views/subs or just more known on youtube. I think our content is pretty good so thats why I'm asking. Thanks for any help.

torka 9th January 2014 10:24 AM

Well, one way is NOT to link-drop in a forum that doesn't allow self-promotional links. :)

But seriously, you have to promote those videos the same way you'd promote anything else. You can use PPC advertising, create an email newsletter and start building a mailing list (to whom you can announce any new videos), take to social media to promote/announce new videos, make sure any other related websites you control link to your YouTube channel, embed the videos on your main site or blog and Facebook page, coordinate marketing with and/or offer content to other bloggers or site owners who target a similar audience to yours, etc etc etc.

The idea is just to get your YouTube content in front of as many interested people as possible, in as many different channels as possible.

--Torka :iratep:

Carrie Minton 28th January 2014 11:31 AM

Thanks for sharing these tips Torka! I am also exploring and trying my luck doing youtube videos. I can definitely use your tips!

Taviuss 4th February 2014 06:04 PM

I would stretch a bit further and point out that you can also do SEO on the youtube videos.

With keywords, people will find you when they search for a topic.

Above that, make the video interesting, and something that they are willing to share with others.

Whether that is being funny, or really good information, it just means to make sure that you are giving value to the viewer (whether they are buying anything or not!)

BeBizsmart 7th February 2014 06:09 AM

One thing I've noticed with YouTube clips with lots of views is that they tend to serve the viewer's thirst for something. Look at some videos like 'Python vs Giant Croc' - hundreds of millions of views.

Well, this may not be the niche you're targeting, but the idea is to make them compelling to prompt the user to know more. To start with, how about some catchy titles - but don't interpret this to mean titles misrepresenting the information in the video - that's a huge NO-NO. It's a common trend. Just make sure to follow it up with equally captivating video content. It may not be something many would bother viewing, but the manner you present it matters a lot. A lot.

Gaming videos? Great idea that could fetch you incredible views my friend ;)

patricksimzon 20th February 2014 08:57 AM

Using good descriptions, sharing your video with tons of people, and making sure your video looks great are a few ways to propel your video into the YouTube stratosphere.

marie4u 25th April 2014 06:32 AM

dont know...:P

DennisChang 28th April 2014 02:44 AM

Share it on social media, not just your own profile, but on special interest group pages whose members are likely interested in your video.

webnola 6th May 2014 08:16 AM

Don't just post your videos on YouTube, you have to market them. Post videos to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit, Google+, etc. Start with your friends and family, jumpstart your views there.

graceatkin 13th May 2014 01:44 AM

Optimizing video titles

Optimizing video titles, try to use appealing headline, have a long description plus use proper keywords tag, use thumbnails that can also make a big difference, check the quality of Video, and get involved in community.
I hope it'll helpful for you.