Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Selling Ad Space (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Advertising Help For Top Of Search Engine Website (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42243)

JonS 18th July 2011 01:01 PM

Advertising Help For Top Of Search Engine Website

Hi, first post. I found the site by searching for more info on the topic I’m posting about.

We have a website and here are the present monthly #s. 37,638 visits, 209,556 page views, 5.57 pages/visit, 53.54% bounce rate, 4:13 avg. time on site, 63.68% new visits, over 23,000 subscribers. We have tons of content with over 1600 pages. We are ranked # 1 on Google for our primary category, which is kayak fishing. The sport is growing in leaps and bounds and we’re adding a few to several new people each day. We get lots of new people to the sport as we’re the first to pop up in search engines and have the content. Our Facebook, which we only earnestly started working less than 6 months ago is just under 2500.

We have friends in advertising who say we should be pulling in some good money. Unfortunately they’re not in our field and we’re both trying to access our ad pricing and find someone to dedicate to it. Our feeling is a professional much better understands the market and will allow us to do what we do best, which is create content and bring more people to the site.

We're looking for help, recommendations, advice and possibly someone who would want to handle advertising.

BeTheBest 18th July 2011 10:14 PM

Hi JonS, Welcome! :welcome3:

I have to tell you that your numbers are impressive. What is best is the 23k on the list. This is the key to promote to your advertisers.

Yes, your visits and page views are great. Of course, I haven't looked at the site. You have several options. If your subscribers consider you a good and credible source of information and consider you an 'expert', you have what I would consider a 'gold mine'.

I really don't want to detail things that I would suggest in this public forum because they took years and several thousand dollars of trial and error to figure out.

If you want, feel free to PM me and we can talk in more detail.

Hope to hear from you soon. Good luck!

JonS 19th July 2011 08:54 AM

Thanks for the response. I had a typo that I fixed. We're adding a few to several people a day, not a month as I mistakenly typed.

We have tremendous credibility in the sport. We had a previous business where we were the major innovators and retailers in the sport. We didn't wish to retail anymore and sold the business and the new owners tanked it in under 3 years through ineptitude. Many people introduce me as the guy who created the sport, which is untrue. I'm just the person who did something about it to make it more appealing to the masses so it could grow. It worked and the sport is growing nicely.

We have deliberately not become part of any factory teams so we could stay neutral within the sport. This gives us tremendous credibility because readership knows where not shills. We use what we use because we like it and for no other reason.

Also I am the author of the most comprehensive book on the subject which many consider the bible of the sport.

I'll PM you.

danieldd 6th November 2013 01:00 PM

Have thought about running google ads? With this amount of visits you can earn some money, imo.