Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Wordpress Vs Blogger (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37290)

MaxwellSmart 25th April 2011 08:02 PM

Get your own hosting account somewhere like Godaddy, BlueHost, HostGator, etc. and install the free version of WP. Then get a great theme like Thesis from DIYThemes.com.

KCasey 28th April 2011 10:11 AM

I couldn't agree more with everybody who has taken the Wordpress side on this debate - its probably a wee tad more difficult to use than Blogger but its also more versatile and, once you've got used to it, Wordpress seems light years ahead of Blogger.

I've tried other similair programmes when I've worked on back ends of websites before - such as Extron and Joomla - but Wordpress will always be my fave.

mhilliarda 28th April 2011 01:06 PM

Blogger is easy to use if you are just starting to blog. It is easy to navigate and is fairly basic. As you advance you will probably want to switch over to Wordpress. Wordpress has a really nice set of tools and plugins. It is better for someone that wants to customize.

georgechapman 1st May 2011 02:21 AM

I choose Wordpress out of convenience's sake. I've yet to try blogger though, but from the sites I've dealt with, WP seems to have the edge in customization tools and plugins.

SanWay 2nd May 2011 09:07 AM

I adore wordpress! it is simle to use and have all features I need so my choice is Wordpress!

wadeinni 3rd May 2011 02:42 PM

There's a saying that Google loves Google, and Google owns blogger. But that hasn't made blogger my choice of favorite blogging platforms. I prefer wordpress and always have. Even my joomla sites have a touch of wordpress, because it is the pinnacle of blogging tools, and there's so many options available for it, not to mention it's ease of use. I do use blogger however to get much of my content indexed faster. Once it's indexed I remove it so as not to produce external duplicate conetent.

jeffeyw723 4th May 2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySmallBiz (Post 131834)
Which is better to use?

I use WordPress because for some reason GOOGLE loves Wordpress sites. Just be sure to create an effective site index.

WaspBarcode_B. 5th May 2011 09:14 AM

I've tried both; I used Blogger for a personal blog and we use Word Press for our business blog. Word Press is definitely the way to go - it's much easier to use, and adding basic formats like bulleted or numered lists is simple. Getting a post to look right in Blogger was always next to impossible, even working directly with the HTML code.

gaga 6th May 2011 12:51 AM

i want to know what is the biggest difference between the two.

jamesjohn09 9th June 2011 02:42 PM

Wordpress vs Blogger

Wordpress would be better but it is a little technical.If you use it a couple of times it will become handy.