Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Link Development (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Same Article To..... (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40197)

Melva 12th April 2011 08:32 PM

Same Article To.....

Can I submit the same article to different article directories?

SanWay 13th April 2011 06:56 AM

yes you can but now you shouldnt, you will have a problem called duplicate content, Google will count only one of your articles, try spinning.

Lucky Adam 16th April 2011 03:46 AM

I personally believe it is against the ethical consideration as submitting article to one side means giving rights to that article publishing site. We should always try to submit some genuine material at some quality sites.

dowson12345 16th April 2011 08:40 AM

Noway to do it as it won't give any effect at all. Duplicate content is not good in any way. Try to have original content.

LloydBurrell 20th April 2011 02:58 PM

Better spin it, to ensure you avoid duplicate content and... the feeling that you have limited content associated to your website. You see, if a potential customer of yours stumbles upon the same article in two different places, he or she will definitely avoid you in the future. Apart from being unethical, this is pragmatically counter-productive.

Laura78 21st April 2011 11:20 AM

You hardly need me to chip in now BUT I would strongly recommend writing original content for every different submission you make. I heard that soon Google will de-value article directories soon - in as much as they'll take away Page Rank and it's strength on google searches. Has anyone heard about this???

Anyway, blogs are very good I think and you can sort of remodel an article you've written into the shape and style of a blog post.

:imnew1:

Laura78 21st April 2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laura78 (Post 141156)
You hardly need me to chip in now BUT I would strongly recommend writing original content for every different submission you make. I heard that soon Google will de-value article directories soon - in as much as they'll take away Page Rank and it's strength on google searches. Has anyone heard about this???

Anyway, blogs are very good I think and you can sort of remodel an article you've written into the shape and style of a blog post.

:imnew1:

And also I forgot to add - it looks more natural to Google Search engine (and to real life readers of online articles and blog posts) if the content is unique in some way (as someone suggested before me).

jparinas21 25th April 2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melva (Post 140633)
Can I submit the same article to different article directories?

Technically speaking, you can. but as the others have said, it wouldn't have much that effect or no effect at all.

Helen Thomas 23rd June 2011 08:27 AM

You can submit in top/popular article sites if you really care for genuine traffic and wanna share with interested readers.

3Aces 1st July 2011 07:53 AM

Many marketers do post same article on multiple article directories. Though this does not affect the ranking of your website or anything (duplicate content is not a cause of problem here) but personally I feel that this devalues the article since it's present everywhere. I don't understand how it actually works for them but most people spin the articles before posting. Another hint that I was given by a "guru" was that you can rewrite the first 170 chars or say the entire first paragraph and the last few lines and change the title and post that article to another directory. Both the articles will be practically different and if you are lucky enough to rank them both you'll get double the traffic (which isn't teh case when you submit duplicate content).