Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Copywriting (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Where Can I Find Job Listings For Freelance Copywriting Online? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34727)

chirsjackno 30th July 2010 11:18 PM

Where Can I Find Job Listings For Freelance Copywriting Online?

I've found that CraigsList seems to be one of the only places where I can find the occasional freelance copywriting job posting. Does anyone know of any other good sites for finding freelance copywriting opportunities?

acwebguru 10th August 2010 08:21 AM

There are a number of sites where you can find freelance writing jobs. Just make a Google search and you will find lot of other sites. However, the payment is pathetically low. That can be a major issue in the long run.

BC-Rob 26th August 2010 11:36 PM

eLance is decent from my experience with a few friends, definitely check it out.

MaineCopywriter 2nd September 2010 10:38 AM

You're going to have better luck building a strong website (even if it's just a blog) and promoting it. When clients come to you, you get great projects and great pay. When you chase jobs, you get crap pay and hassles from the clients.

I know that's hard to hear, especially if you really need cash right now. But it's the truth. I've been playing this game since 1997. Chasing jobs is the slow painful way.

Once you have a solid site up and running. Get out and meet people! Ask them what they do. Ask them what their biggest challenge is with what they do. Then be quiet and listen. Often you'll be able to help them out. But if you just start promoting yourself from the start, they'll shut down and ignore you.

Good luck!

martoons 8th September 2010 06:23 AM

Try michelfortin dot com and ask Michel or post some enquiries on his blog if possible... also sign up to Twitter... let people know you do copy... follow Michel and other copywriters (on Twitter)... go out there and be proactive... do some good work... your happy customers will tell others... Hope that helps :) Martin

acwebguru 10th September 2010 08:42 AM

However, I am noticing the fact that people are not willing to pay more than 5$ for a 400 words article which is a bit disgusting. I am working as a content writer and I do feel that we need at least 10$ per 400 words article to sustain and to deliver quality article that will give value to the users.

luxuria 10th September 2010 11:27 AM

Content Divas is one that I know of. They typically pay $20 for 500 words.

jaairey 10th September 2010 02:31 PM

There is also crowdspring

martoons 10th September 2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acwebguru (Post 126293)
However, I am noticing the fact that people are not willing to pay more than 5$ for a 400 words article which is a bit disgusting. I am working as a content writer and I do feel that we need at least 10$ per 400 words article to sustain and to deliver quality article that will give value to the users.

Well I guess it depends where you're coming from...and how bad you need the work...for a lot of writers in other countries such as Philippines, India etc, getting $2-5 for one article is great money...and especially if you're just starting out too, getting your foot in the door...but I know what you mean though...having said that, I have found that as my oDesk writers started writing better and better, their prices also went up... quite a lot in some cases... :) m

davidbkeegan 14th September 2010 03:23 PM

copywritingjobs.com