Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Business Trends Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Toilet Paper & Entrepreneurs: What Do They Have In Common? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24702)

sannwood 30th January 2009 04:01 PM

Toilet Paper & Entrepreneurs: What Do They Have In Common?

Well you might just be surprised. Think on this for a moment:

Quote:

If you’ve ever been in a restroom and the toilet paper is low, say only 3 sheets left, what do you do? You panic, you begin to search, you begin to gather bits and pieces in an attempt to build upon - basically, you do whatever it takes.
Can you relate? I imagine you can. Many entrepreneurs and small business owners have had days - times - such as that. And Michael Michalowicz, author of Toilet Paper Entrepreneur, made the connection between the two and developed his "3 sheet strategy" for business based on the concept.

This got me to thinking, just exactly how many have faced these situations in business and how have they overcome them? Have you found yourself at a place in life, in your business, where you've just done whatever it took?

If you have, would you care to share them with us?

ivanastaylor 7th February 2009 06:41 PM

3-Sheets is all you need!

What a fun conversation! Actually - I found myself in this same circumstance PLANNING the 3-Sheet teleconference that just finished up on Feb 6.

I didn't have a list, I didn't have a "campaign" I just had the desire to get the word out.

I used Twitter, some Adwords and word of mouth and got a good response. I learned a lot from the process as well.

The big lesson in the Toilet Paper Entrepreneur is that not every resourceful activity is a resounding success. The success comes in the trying and doing and not losing momentum.

viclogic 8th February 2009 07:22 AM

We can always relate ourselves on everything on earth. That may be the theory of relativity. The lesson here is creativity. We always have a thing or a resource. The only difference is on how we perceive it as useful or not. But the reality is - we can always find benefits and usefulness on any thing (small or big) - just become creative...and by just enjoying everything we have, whether we like it in the beginning or not.

rdonovan1 9th February 2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viclogic (Post 88422)
We can always relate ourselves on everything on earth. That may be the theory of relativity. The lesson here is creativity. We always have a thing or a resource. The only difference is on how we perceive it as useful or not. But the reality is - we can always find benefits and usefulness on any thing (small or big) - just become creative...and by just enjoying everything we have, whether we like it in the beginning or not.

I totally agree. Creativity and persistence are the primary ingredients to success.

janicepink 11th February 2009 12:32 AM

Nice one viclogic. Perseverance is key to success along with the creativity that sets us apart from the competition. :ineappl

youbetcha1018 30th June 2009 03:11 AM

Well, I used Twitter, some Adwords and word of mouth and fortunately, got a good response. I learned a lot from the process as well. The big lesson in the Toilet Paper Entrepreneur is that, not every resourceful activity is a resounding success.