Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Search Engine Optimization (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Social Bookmarking Not Helps Me. What About You.? (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56408)

borgninestallon 9th April 2013 01:07 AM

Social Bookmarking Not Helps Me. What About You.?

For a new site i started doing ON page work vigorously without using black hat SEO. The site started to rank for few keywords in top 10, 20 and 30.

After finishing ON page work i started to focus on Off Page work. I started to use social bookmarking submission for my site to get index as fast. But when i checked after a week for my site keywords which is already ranked by doing ON page is no where in Google.

I could experience only after i doing social bookmarking submission for my site. Since i can't get back my results.

Do you still think that social bookmarking helps in ranking the site

jacksarlo 9th April 2013 07:55 AM

:imnew1:

Anyway...lol

Social bookmarking isn't the best link building methods, I just use bookmarkingdemon (not my site) but it's optional to do that.

Most bookmarking sites use nofollow tag and other tactics like redirects rendering backlinks useless.

Jack

Lawson 11th April 2013 01:52 AM

Social Bookmarking is helpful for SEO. If you put unique bookmarking description for each bookmarking submission. It will help for your search engine rankings.

infogene 11th April 2013 03:05 PM

Backlinks from Social bookmarking are not valued much by google because they get spammed alot.. google is looking for backlinks that LOOK natural

accurate.cygnet 12th April 2013 12:16 AM

Well it is the same case with me. Now bookmarking is not as effective as it used to be. But still high PR bookmarking works.

noahwilson 12th April 2013 12:18 AM

yaa right most of all bookmarking site give nofollow backlinks so u need get dofollow link so you should be do work on forum and blog posting.

bitFAT 16th April 2013 05:00 AM

Lot of people asks about social bookmarking websites on discussion forums and other relevant places but I don't think these websites have any worth. Social bookmarking is effective only if you use quality and reputed websites rather than any social bookmark website.

Handdy.com 17th April 2013 01:58 AM

This is one of the SEO techniques we follow. However we don't dedicate too much of our time to it. Time should be taken to put unique bookmarking descriptions.

robinmark 17th April 2013 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handdy.com (Post 189406)
This is one of the SEO techniques we follow. However we don't dedicate too much of our time to it. Time should be taken to put unique bookmarking descriptions.

I agree with this answer putting unique descriptions on a well PR site will help more.