Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Affiliate Website - Pls Review (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42074)

3Aces 9th July 2011 02:46 PM

Affiliate Website - Pls Review

Hello,

Here is an affiliate website I just put up: http://bacterialvaginosis-cure.info .

I would be grateful to people who could pls review it and provide feedback. Basically it is supposed to be an affiliate website and is supposed to sell the product, but i can't see whether it looks at all good. It is getting NIL traffic as of now, but thats okay coz it barely has any content and I have not done any noticeable backlinking or even submission to Google or anything....

BeTheBest 9th July 2011 02:51 PM

Hi 3Aces,

I give you credit that you get right to the point. The site is ok (I guess)... it is informative and includes testimonials. I am not sure if 'submitting' is going to get you anywhere and I have never, ever used that to get into rankings. Probably because it doesn't work. You need CONTENT and SEO strategies.

The other issue I would suggest is that you don't link DIRECT to the product (sorry... I didn't check all the links... so this may not apply) but I would seriously work on a way where people need to supply an e-mail address to get to the purchase page. That way... YOU as an affiliate start to build a list. That's where the money is.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

3Aces 9th July 2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeTheBest (Post 146866)
Hi 3Aces,

The other issue I would suggest is that you don't link DIRECT to the product (sorry... I didn't check all the links... so this may not apply) but I would seriously work on a way where people need to supply an e-mail address to get to the purchase page. That way... YOU as an affiliate start to build a list. That's where the money is.

Thanks for your suggestions @BeTheBest... you are most helpful.

Yes, the links do go directly to the products page.. I toyed with the idea of a subscription page - but I thought that making the reader jump through too many hoops will only make them leave... maybe if I have some "FREE" stuff to offer to them, I guess it should not be too difficult to make them sign up... maybe I can put together a collection of health related (MRR??) ebooks and ask them to sign up?

Thanks a lot for the advice :)

BeTheBest 9th July 2011 03:35 PM

3Aces... thank you for your kind words. Sorry I didn't mention it.. but you are correct. Make a package that is UNBEATABLE freebies. You can make it a single opt-in... so they don't have to jump through hoops with verification and all that (single opt-in is still legit) and you will start to build a mailing list.

Remember... that opt in list is YOURS. I would do it. You can even make it so that they don't realize they are signing up... not trying to be underhanded... but set it up so you will send them the link to the product they want... and a download of all the freebies.

Just be sure you are putting a value on the freebies... 'regular value of $19.00 and yours free'... or something like that.

Good luck!

3Aces 10th July 2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeTheBest (Post 146872)
3Aces... thank you for your kind words. Sorry I didn't mention it.. but you are correct. Make a package that is UNBEATABLE freebies. You can make it a single opt-in... so they don't have to jump through hoops with verification and all that (single opt-in is still legit) and you will start to build a mailing list.

Remember... that opt in list is YOURS. I would do it. You can even make it so that they don't realize they are signing up... not trying to be underhanded... but set it up so you will send them the link to the product they want... and a download of all the freebies.

Just be sure you are putting a value on the freebies... 'regular value of $19.00 and yours free'... or something like that.

Good luck!

Okay, if single opt-in is legit, I guess I can incorporate that without scaring the prospect away.... and thanks for reminding me to put a price on the product :)

" You can even make it so that they don't realize they are signing up." is that not what all IM "gurus" are doing .. "not buying the product? okay I will give you think BLAH BLAH super special super secret book, just enter your email id" and then you receive emails from them till kingdom come unless of course you take the initiative to unsubscribe? lol... I guess I can do that.. :)

Thanks for your advice.. I will put everything up and report back on the results in about a month.

Any other advice/critique is totally welcome. And please be as harsh as you wish...:welcome2:

stevejoys29 22nd July 2014 09:29 AM

Looks Clean...But Professional look is missing.

Derrickmiller 14th November 2014 05:33 AM

Something wrong with your link. your link is not working.!!!!

3Aces 18th December 2014 02:59 AM

Yes, it was not working for me, so I had to shelve it and move on. Probably something wrong with my site because the offer itself has worked for me earlier when affiliate links were allowed on hubpages etc... I used affiliate links directly then and it worked and got me couple of sales.