Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blogs and Blogging (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Wordpress Vs Blogger (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37290)

Morgan Lewis 8th January 2011 03:19 AM

I would say its Wordpress. I like wordpress that much not only because of its features but also for its amazing plugins and themes. Wordpress is easy to use unlike Blogger.com:D

bird45 12th January 2011 02:57 PM

Wordpress is the best.

yellow01 13th January 2011 02:31 AM

wordpress is better.

hyperbolic 13th January 2011 06:55 PM

Wordpress is far better for SEO purposes. But for people who just want to blog about day to day things without much fuss, Blogger would be the better choice as it's a lot more user-friendly. At least, in my experience. :)

We use Wordpress at work, but I use Blogger for personal stuff. :0)

trishacupra 16th January 2011 11:32 PM

For business, I'd never use Blogger or WordPress.com.

It's by far best to use a self-hosted WordPress installation, from WordPress.org.

Here are 6 very important things to ask yourself before you make your choice:

1. Who has control over my content, ultimately? That is, how easy is it to take all your content with you if you plan on leaving them in future?

2. Who has control over the design of your site? You may find that the template you use can't be taken with you if you leave.

3. Can you back-up your content automatically as often as you want (weekly, hourly, whatever you prefer) so that you have a current copy on your own computer?

4. What happens if you need a feature the service doesn't provide? Can you extend it?

5. Can you easily organize important areas of your site, like the navigation menu and the sidebar?

6. Does your website's design reflect how professional, credible and trustworthy you are? Or do you look like another cookie-cutter fly-by-night amateur because your site uses a run-of-the-mill design suitable for hobbyists?

I've helped people who were being held hostage by the systems they were using (not Blogger or WordPress, incidentally, but paid-for services that are actually rip-offs) and these considerations should never be taken lightly.

fjumayao 26th January 2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LloydBurrell (Post 132789)
Wordpress. It has a very comprehensive set of tools. Even if you don't know editing at all, it's so simple that you can't go wrong. And, on the other hand, if you need to take more complicated actions, a great help index is there to assist.

I agree Lloyd. With so many folks supporting it there's a ton of guides and tips from various sites and users. I'm a newbie but I've started hosting a site using Wordpress Multisite, which makes managing several sites very easy. :imnew1:

TilenKrivec 26th January 2011 08:38 AM

wordpress & you can easily learn how to use it, thousands of guides everywhere & youtube videos showing you how to steps

BusinessHelper 26th January 2011 01:21 PM

I would recommend a self hosted Wordpress blog. If you use the free option you are very limited as to what you have control over in terms of design, plugins and functionality. As for blogger you don't have much control at all.

Trampolineman 21st March 2011 11:56 AM

I have used both and prefer Wordpress. It has more tools and add-ons that eventually you will want to use.

cnich007 21st March 2011 12:02 PM

Like others have said, Blogger is the most basic. Wordpress is the medium platform....meaning it's an advanced web-blog/mini-website.

Depending on your business, you may require a true web site in which case Wordpress isn't the ideal choice.