Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Offline Marketing (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Proper Use Of Promotional Products (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21189)

DanWilliams 8th July 2010 10:35 AM

Hi Dennis,

We use several items that you mentioned and I agree totally with your perspective of the items usefullness.

Here are the items we've stuck with as popular and useful:

Small first aid kits- glovebox item
small keychain led light- glovebox item
disposable cameras- glovebox item
magnetized- "to do" and "grocery" pads
pens
business card sized mint containers
coffee mugs
yardsticks
flyswatters
calendars

DBeavers 8th July 2010 02:20 PM

Promotional Product Uses

Just have to ask Dan.

Has your company used any screen printed t-shirts or embroidered shirts, caps, or jackets to provide employees with a 'uniform' look? Even if you use the more upscale embroidered button-front shirt for an upscale look, the 'uniform' can help establish your business 'branding'.

I've had a number of customer who thought they couldn't afford embroidered shirts, because of the short quantity or high perceived cost, before I quoted them our prices.

The promotional products you use internally with employees can be almost as important as those you use with clients as well as propsects.

The 24/7 nature or our products makes cost comparisons with 'mass media' almost laughable when you look at the CPI (Cost Per Impression) numbers they'll cite.

Best wishes for your continued success.

Dennis Bevers

DanWilliams 8th July 2010 08:53 PM

My entire staff wears embroidered shirts,etc. from lands end with agency logo

WebWizard 9th July 2010 03:43 PM

That works perfect. Alot of SN & link building could help promote local & online alot.

jonnalynpascual 12th September 2012 11:08 PM

There's a lot of promotional products that can be offer to people. And there's a lot of improvement to different products. As I suggest you can interview people about their favorite products and what can be their idea for improving it that will attract customers. Or just think for better ways and idea how you can attract customer for a certain products.

andrew2185bruge 14th May 2013 02:54 AM

Randykirk, a bit out of your topic... but there is something in your post that drew my attention. When you participated in that tradeshow, the one you mentioned, how did the organizers manage the presentation flow? I really dislike showing my personal desktop on trade shows. I spend more than one hour before each event to cosmetize and organize my folders and alerts on desktop, put a nice photo to look professional. So, everytime I hear "trade show", I have my messy desktop in mind and the cleaning up procedure. How did you managed this aspect during your prezentation?

mktgbiz 17th May 2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanWilliams (Post 121751)
Hi Dennis,

We use several items that you mentioned and I agree totally with your perspective of the items usefullness.

Here are the items we've stuck with as popular and useful:

Small first aid kits- glovebox item
small keychain led light- glovebox item
disposable cameras- glovebox item
magnetized- "to do" and "grocery" pads
pens
business card sized mint containers
coffee mugs
yardsticks
flyswatters
calendars

Good stuff Dan!

I might add one more item - PostIt Notes! Everybody uses them and nobody ever has enough!!

johncarry 21st January 2015 12:14 AM

Desk accessories, calenders are good idea for used as promotional products.

pristinescreens 15th February 2017 12:43 PM

Screen Cleaner Stickers

The best thing I've found are...

Screen Cleaner Stickers

They act as little microfiber cleaners that stick your logo on the backs of phones (exactly where iPhone/Samsung/etc. put their logos- they figured out that it gets a ton of impressions daily) and stay on their 6 months to a year.

Pretty effective for the cost and have that 'wow' factor.

Zach_AnyPromo 10th March 2020 10:27 AM

It's crazy how much the promotional products industry has grown in the ten years since the original post, but it is still the same.

All the staple items we sell are pretty much identical (although half the pens have styluses on them now).