Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/index.php)
-   Small Business Trends Forum (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Review Of Presidential Candidate Websites (http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11811)

sannwood 11th May 2007 08:11 AM

Review Of Presidential Candidate Websites

The race for the White House is on and 2008 is fast approaching. Recently, Anita Campbell of Small Business Trends reviewed the top six candidates websites in an article titled: Review of Presidential Candidate Websites from the Small Business Perspective.

There were some surprising results. Some of which included a noticeable difference between the parties using social media sites, the overall sketchiness of information about the candidate’s views and positions in each site, from a pure technology standpoint, all of the sites are good or excellent, but references to small businesses on all the sites are few and far between.

Take a look at Anita's article and the candidate websites and tell us what YOU think. . . .

stillwagon428 15th May 2007 08:26 AM

I think this next election is very important. It's up to the public to pick a candidate with which we agree with their views on issues. I think all of the candidates need to make it perfectly clear on where they stand. There is lots of "fancy stuff" on their home pages, but I think that's where they should be featuring their strong election points of view.

All of the sites are well made but I liked Hillary Clinton's the best. The home page is easy to navigate and not too congested.

EJMalyn 17th May 2007 08:08 PM

Agree with Stillwagon 428. Sites are pretty fancy. Do away with "fancy". Talk to me, not at me...there is a differance. Good luck to all!

roof cleaning 25th June 2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillwagon428 (Post 43837)
I think this next election is very important. It's up to the public to pick a candidate with which we agree with their views on issues. I think all of the candidates need to make it perfectly clear on where they stand. There is lots of "fancy stuff" on their home pages, but I think that's where they should be featuring their strong election points of view.

All of the sites are well made but I liked Hillary Clinton's the best. The home page is easy to navigate and not too congested.

I liked Clintons too, but Obama beat her.

pete 25th June 2008 05:26 PM

Here's a couple to check out -

www.democraticpartyupdate.com

www.republicanpartyupdate.com

Robert 25th June 2008 11:28 PM

Everyone has done a great job of staying on topic with this thread. Thank you!

For new members, and as a reminder for all of us, here is our rule regarding the discussion of politics:
Politics: We're here to support each other in our small business endeavors, not argue about politics. The only political discussion/commentary that will be allowed will be if it is directly and specifically related to small businesses. For example, if you wish to name and discuss a specific law or pending legislation that affects small businesses, that is fine. If you mention the name of a politician or generically ask people to get the vote out because things are bad/good, your post will be edited without notice.

We are super strict about political discussions because I've seen so many other forums turn into war zones because of them. So, please don't be offended if something you post here is zapped.

In fact, if you post in this thread, just assume you are going to hate me for deleting parts of your post.

Logan 26th June 2008 12:51 AM

Good review!! I've also been following the various newsletters purely for benchmarking purposes of my own. Overall, from what I've seen with the newsletters there is a bit more of the "talk to me" there versus the websites. I wonder if there is a balance with providing information freely versus building "that database". In the end, as with business, I suspect that database is going to be very valuable to each candidate.

If your email box isn't overloaded (hehehe) consider monitoring some of their social efforts. A good learning tool, imo, and if Anita has the time I'd love to see her also review the newsletter campaigns they do thru the remaining election season.

Anita 26th June 2008 05:00 AM

Hi Robert, thanks for the reminder about the policy -- it's a good policy.

Logan, it might be fun to review the newsletters -- purely from the standpoint of seeing how much support each gives to small businesses. I'll have to see what I can do. :D

Anita