View Single Post
Old 25th April 2008, 10:21 AM   #16
calevans
VIP Contributor

Send a message via AIM to calevans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karri View Post

Just not sure how it fits into the grand scheme of online marketing. A lot of the social web seems dominated by other marketers but not necessarily by the consumers we're hoping to attract to our products and services. Of course, that's not to discount the importance of b2b networking.

Karri
Hi Karri!

Here's my "strategy". First off, I'm real noisy on twitter, especially when I'm at a conference, I tweet them live. When I'm back home I try to keep it down but still manage 10-20 a day.
  • I try to be funny at least once a day.
  • I try to connect with someone personally at least once a day. (@whatever, offering a smile, shoulder or some kind of emotional support.)
  • I try and share something new at least twice a week that I did not write/podcast/create.
  • I try to pass on at least one request for help a week. This is hard because I have to know the person first or I won't pass it on.
  • I try to move conversations into DM, IM or Skype. (I don't always succeed)
  • I try to keep my own material posts sporadic. I usually only blog once a week, some weeks twice. When I do, a plugin posts on my behalf the title and the tinyurl.com for the post.

In no way to I pretend to be an expert but what I have found through my own experience is that people respect the fact that you say a lot, if you have something to say.

Keeping my own posts to a minimum tends to lend them weight. As it is, posting on twitter usually results in a 50% increase in page views on any given blog post.

None of these are hard and fast rules. I'm also still looking for new ways to mine twitter for data. (There is a LOT of it in there, you just have to have a big-old drill to get to it.)

Anyone else have any guidelines they use for twitter?

=C=