View Single Post
Old 27th October 2008, 09:08 AM   #1
bdorland

Lightbulb Do-It-Yourself Search Engine Optimization

Hey All,

During a web design and internet marketing workshop that I delivered last month in Las Vegas, I realized that I had been taking something for granted. As I delved into the search engine optimization (SEO) portion of my presentation, it occurred to me that my audience, communications staff from hospitals across the U.S., probably wouldn’t have the technical ability to effectively optimize their hospitals’ web sites for better search engine rankings. Come to think of it, I doubt that even many corporate marketers could dive into their site’s code and make the necessary page-level adjustments and database optimizations required for good SEO.

About a week after the workshop, I received my speaker evaluations. My realization was confirmed. Several attendees commented, “that SEO stuff seems pretty technical…I wish we could do more ourselves to help our rankings.”

I bring good news. There are actually a lot of powerful search engine optimization techniques that can be executed with no technical expertise...

Read the full article: Do-It-Yourself Search Engine Optimization

I hope you enjoy the article and I'd love to hear your feedback...

bdorland is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.