View Single Post
Old 11th September 2006, 09:38 AM   #2
Anita

Send a message via AIM to Anita Send a message via Yahoo to Anita Send a message via Skype™ to Anita
Thumbs up

Excellent topic, Kelvin.

Here are just a few trends that impact the Internet entrepreneur:

(1) Cheaper, easier-to-use tools -- Website building tools that are easier to use than past tools. Tools such as SiteKreator help you building websites easily. The big three (Yahoo, Microsoft and Google) now offer web page building tools for entry level web presences. And some entrepreneurs are simply using blogs as their websites, because they are so easy and inexpensive to set up.

(2) More interactive Web presences -- Speaking of blogs, another trend is entrepreneurs are using blogs in increasing numbers, giving their Web presences more content and interactivity than ever. In turn, even small entrepreneurs on limited budgets have a shot at getting decent search position. I've never seen such vibrant Web presences among entrepreneurs as I have in the past couple of years due to the availability of blogs.

(3) More revenue-generation sources -- The number of revenue-generation sources available to Internet entrepreneurs is increasing. You not only have Google AdSense, but you have Text Link Ads, an endless array of affiliate programs through places like ClickBank, BizRate shopping pods -- the variety of choices is bigger than before, although we could use more.

OK -- those are my ideas. Anyone else?

Anita

Anita is offline   Reply With Quote