View Single Post
Old 12th September 2006, 08:32 AM   #3
sannwood
VIP Contributor

Default Consider ebay. . .

movnupmom, why don't you consider ebay?

I know several women who work from home with their children by their sides that sell on ebay. You don't have to be computer saavy to conduct business on ebay. They walk you through the selling and listing process step-by-step.

Here's a couple of ideas that women I know are currently employing on ebay: selling used designer children's clothing - you'd be surprised at the market that's out there that desires these products. Lines like Nautica and Tommy Hilfiger, etc. Women I know pick these items up at garage sales & flea markets and resell them on ebay for a profit. Just make sure your items are in good, clean condition.

Another idea: selling used children's toys - there is a huge market for used children's toys on ebay. Little Tykes, Fisher Price and Playskool are just a few of the products fetching high prices on ebay. Especially vintage toys from the 70's. Used toys can easily be acquired at garage sales and yard sales. Dollhouses and accesories are bringing $60-$90, Little Tykes plastic play sets for outdoors are bringing $100-$150 and Fisher Price playsets like the castle, pirate ship and parking garages can bring anywhere from $30-$90 each.

If you are a saavy shopper, you can pick these items up for a couple bucks at the local yard sale and resell them for a considerable profit on ebay. Just make sure the items you are purchasing are not damaged and are relatively clean.

Start with items around the house that your children are no longer using, toys and clothing, and build from there.

Last edited by sannwood; 12th September 2006 at 08:34 AM.
sannwood is offline   Reply With Quote