View Single Post
Old 16th January 2018, 09:37 PM   #2
Darswizzle

Wow, I had kind of hoped that after 70 plus views, someone would have shared the emails clients that are being used as I find it hard to believe that no one at all would be using a free of open source mail reader. Perhaps I am the only one who finds it difficult to cover operating expenses, and if that is the case, I REALLY need to find out what business you guys are in! LOL

Any way, I had wanted to come across something that would have direct tie with a CRM application, but after reading many reviews, and going through my choices, I actually decided to return to using an old standby.... So I decided to install and use Microsoft Outlook 2016.

I tried to use Microsoft Mail for Windows 10, and even tried the Web version of Outlook. Sadly they both failed my miserably as they lacked the ability to organize my multiple business email accounts that I have setup. All of which Outlook 2016 does quite well.

Lastly, since I have accounts with Sumo, Mail Chimp, and HubSpot, all of which have 3rd party utilities to interface with Outlook. So that takes care of all my requirements.

I do have to make it clear however, that Outlook 2016 is NOT free nor Open Source. In fact, I did not thing that I would be able to use it for that reason, however, I had contacted Microsoft to find out if there was any way to get Outlook 2016 as a stand alone install, and while I really can not go into much detail, I apparently have some amazing luck on my side, because the Rep asked to do a remote share session with me, and after popping in some commands, and a double take at what I was reading, and I was given a life time license to Outlook 2016!

I don't know what I did to deserve that act of kindness, but I am certainly not going to complain, and I now have a fully functional and working perfectly version of Outlook 2016.

So having said all that, my question has been answered, and I appreciate you all taking the time to at least read my post

Best Regards,

Darswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote