Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th April 2013, 01:44 AM   #1
susansmith001

Default Using Image With The Content

I want to know how do you guys use images in your content do you copy and paste some one elase's images. i do photo shop of some image and change it a bit and upload it is it leagal?

susansmith001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th April 2013, 02:10 AM   #2
borgninestallon
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by susansmith001 View Post
I want to know how do you guys use images in your content do you copy and paste some one elase's images. i do photo shop of some image and change it a bit and upload it is it leagal?
Never practice this. You should not copy any image or content from other sites and make use in your site. This will make your site spam and will not rank even if you optimize it well. Also, the site owners will file a complaint if you do it.

Old 9th April 2013, 10:51 AM   #3
Jen 100

Your website or blog needs to have images, they help to make a site look more attractive, they help to break up long sections of text, can provide information, and with the right use of alt tags, they can be helpful to SEO. However, borgninestallon is correct, you cannot simply copy an image from another site to use on your site, even if you try to make some changes to it.

If you have a digital camera and some time you can create your own images. If you don't have the talent to create your own images, then use free sources for quality photos and images online. There are a wide variety of images available through creative commons licenses or that are in the public domain.

Even when using these free images be sure to understand and follow the licensing requirements.

If you don't find the images you want through free sources then look at the paid resources available and you will find a lot more options.

Old 13th April 2013, 03:25 AM   #4
noahwilson
Banned

Default image uses.

I think if you cant be copy image from other site. but you can be find some images from internet and then edit. after that u can be use these images. use keyword in img name and alt tag. its a best technique for on page seo.

noahwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 02:35 PM   #5
uspackaging

We use a variety of photo sharing sites to get certain images. We try and take most ourselves, but for some images we often use www.sxc.hu among other photo sharing sites.

Old 15th April 2013, 12:58 AM   #6
accurate.cygnet

It adds up to the content and makes it attractive, and it also helps in the social media promotion.

accurate.cygnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 08:24 AM   #7
shellymiessner

Exclamation Using Image With The Content

Well Their are Two Ways to use Image in Content First one is you can Create your own Image According to Content Subject and the Other way is you can use someone Else's image but for it you will have to mention his source URL as we do in wordpress.

shellymiessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 10:59 AM   #8
jayed

Images can help make your page/content/website a lot more interesting and encouraging. Although I think you shouldn't just focus on the images itself but also the content that your website contains. I think more people are a lot more drawn to good quality content sites, which are actually worth reading.
It's not legal to just get pictures anywhere on the net. It's still ideal to have your own original images or else get them from stock photos available online for free. If you have the funds, then get a professional to provide you with original images to use on your site. Hope that helps.

jayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 08:31 AM   #9
jamest1

Please do not copy/ paste images. It is not legal and could land you in serious trouble later on. What I do is to find creative common images and use them or create my own.

If I really like a picture, then I would get in contact with the owner to see if we can come to an arrangement - eg I use their image if I pay a small fee.. etc.

Old 16th April 2013, 11:36 PM   #10
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

I say it's better to design your own image to avoid legal troubles. Simple designs with fast loading file formats can make things easier for you and your visitors.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote