Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > Questions About the Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th April 2008, 11:33 PM   #1
ideas2earn

Default Status Question

Being in sales management I am very into recognition and couldn't help noticing that some posters are tagged as VIP. Initially Ithought this was because of a massive number of posts, and then I saw someone with less than my paltry 27 posts who had this status. So whats the deal?

Also on a separate note, can I make a suggestion. One of the other forums that I use has a facility to see just the threads that you have contributed to. This is useful incase you forget where you have posted and allows you to check other people's responses. It is particularly useful if someone asks you a direct question in a thread (you might look rude if you ignore them). Could this feature be added here?

Sorry if this sounds like criticism. I love the site and have used several pieces of advice found here. I hope my posts will be useful and help others.

Brad

ideas2earn is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th April 2008, 12:16 AM   #2
Robert
Administrator

Criticism or advice, I'll take them both. It's a good way to see where improvements are needed.

The VIP status is achieved when someone hits about 110 posts. Another case will be if we know someone really well through moderating with them on another forum, or from having them as a writer, if they work as a contributor on one of our sites, etc.

Quote:
a facility to see just the threads that you have contributed to.
I'm not sure if that is possible or not because I haven't seen it. If you want to post the url of the forum where you saw it feel free. If you don't want to publicly that is fine too. It's something I'll have to look into.

We do have the ability to subscribe to threads. For example, you respond to a post and you want to be sure you are notified when someone else responds. Here are the steps:
  1. If you look just above the first post you'll see a pull down menu labeled "Thread Tools"
  2. Click that and you'll be presented with some options including "Subscribe to This Thread"
  3. Click on that and you'll be able to be notified when there are new posts.
Great questions and comments. Keep them coming and I'll look around for something closer to what you described.

Thanks!

Robert

Old 16th April 2008, 12:43 AM   #3
bdorland

Hold on...That functionality already exists. If you click on anyone's name in a thread, a drop-down menu shows several options, one of which is "Find More Posts by (name)". That then takes you to a page with all their posts...

Isn't this what Brad was asking for?

bdorland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2008, 01:28 AM   #4
ideas2earn

Thanks Brody, thats exactly what I was looking for.

Robert, the other forum was www.forumosa.com up in the right hand corner it just has a simple text link for "own". Its a Taiwan community site from when I lived there but is the forum that I know best.

Appreciate you both coming back so quickly.

Brad

Old 16th April 2008, 07:27 AM   #5
PressureProsInc
VIP Contributor

Brad, one of the best gifts God can give you in life is to free you from the burden of status. Best of luck to you.

PressureProsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2008, 09:57 PM   #6
ideas2earn

Ah yes, easy to say as a VIP Contributor.

Just kidding.