Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th August 2006, 12:35 AM   #1
Lam Tsz Him

Post Yahoo! Search Submit

Hi everyone, i just sign in with this amazing "Small Business Forum" today, i am from Hong Kong and i find many useful online marketing resources here. I am certain i will come across more often and hopefully i can contribute something to the forum group.

Today (10/8) while i am looking for search engine marketing resource on the net for my new business site (still underconstruction), i come across with a search marketing site called www.ineedhits.com which has been providing marketing service since 1996 for small to medium size online business.

The site offer various kinds of online marketing plans like SEO, online advertising and even search engine submission for over 300 search engines including Google, AOL and MSN all at once.

It sounds like a pretty good way to submit URLs to various search engines to someone who are new to online business like me. It saves you a lot of time dueling with the hassle to submit URLs (repeatedly) while you can focusing on developing your website and making other important marketing strategies beside the web.

One of the service from ineedhits.com is the "Yahoo! Search Submit" which offer a single point to submit URLs to multiple portals like Yahoo! (and of course those bought by Yahoo! e.g. altavista). Moreover, your URLs are guaranteed to be included in Yahoo! index and directory (after reviewed by their team with a cost that is not cheap!) for 12 months. Meanwhile you can enjoy detail traffic reports and managing tools to optimize your traffic flow. Beside for a fixed monthly fee, you are paying PPC (paid-per-click) for every hit you got.

It sounds like a good idea but i am still skeptical about how effective it is. While you are putting a lot of money into this somewhat like "Paid for Inclusion" plan, it doesn't guarantee you a high placement in the search result.

A high placement for a link except for those "Sponsors Link" of Yahoo! (which can be very expensive) are guaranteed to appear at the top or bottom of relative search, it is almost determined by how skillful you are in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) like writting good mega and title tag, set a simple URLs address, optimize your site links or with "key words" for crawlers to easily identify.

For me it all come down to one ultimate question for all marketing tools: "Can this guarantee a high placement for my link? or Drive targeted customer to my site? "

If the answer is "NO". Then what's the point of submitting to expensive marketing plan like this for your site while you can submit to search engine index for free? If your site is not good for crawlers to index or identify with related content or key words, your site will only be listed at 999,999 out of 1,000,000 results at 0.01s (which is fast by the way . In another words, "your site will be buried under several kilometers under the ground and never be rearched!". Marketing online really isn't an easy task.

For the first time to write at this forum, i hope this passage is interesting as well as informative to you. If you interested in the marketing resources i have mentioned above, you can check out here below.

Search marketing site: www.ineedhits.com
Yahoo! Search Submit: http://searchsubmit.ineedhits.com/

I would love to hear how everybody think of marketing tools like Yahoo! Search Submit or anyother you have tried out.

Good Luck to everyone!

Last edited by Lam Tsz Him; 10th August 2006 at 12:55 AM.
Lam Tsz Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 10th August 2006, 06:42 AM   #2
mktgbiz

Personally I don't use any "automatic site submitter" services because IMO there is no need to. Once your site link is submitted to these numerous search engines then what? It doesn't help the search engine find you.

From what I understand search engines find you based on a bunch of things but these 2 would be very useful:
links pointing to you
and
content on your site thats relavant to the search.

We do have many experts like Jenn and others on here that would hopefully contribute and give a professional opinion!!!

-

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 08:20 AM   #3
Logan
Administrator

Its usually called 'pay for inclusion' (pfi). As you mentioned, this doesn't impact your rankings within the search engines but just inclusion. You can achieve inclusion without a pfi program. Typically this is not a service that is going to benefit you although there are scenarios where it is of value to their customers.