Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th July 2013, 12:42 PM   #1
amazingkungfu

Default Starting A Business -retail Space?

Hey everyone!

Just a few quick questions. I have a business plan, I have financing (an investor) I have experience, I have a few customers already set up, I have logos, name brand etc.

My next step is finding a spot to put my business. My business plan calls for rent+Cam to be 2500 or under per month. I wanted an Anchor...such as name brand grocery store or a high foot traffic area. I'm only finding those spots roughly 500-1000 more than I had budgeted for. I'm finding spots for under 2500 but there are less than desirable areas. I believe that I can make them work but am having some doubts.

Any thoughts?

amazingkungfu!

amazingkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th July 2013, 10:34 AM   #2
phanio
VIP Contributor

You just have to keep searching - you might be asking for too much (or too little with your rent budget) if you want a solid anchor businesses as well.

You might think of another spot that has good traffic but no major anchor and use that until your business and your budget grows.

Or, you might think about negotiating with the landlord and get them to accept your lower amount until your business reaches a certain revenue level then you will bump up your payment. If the landlord wants to rent that space, they may go for it.

Old 19th July 2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Joe Micheal

My friend, contact your nearest and reliable real estate agent. S/He can help you better to find out a dream location for your business.

Old 21st July 2013, 10:16 PM   #4
platnumcn

Reliable real estate agent is an option. However, you can yourself find an option by keep trying with the ad listings. Sometimes, when we think we have looked enough, there are certain areas, which we might have missed out on. Look for help from gumtree and craigslist. If after rigorous search, you find out a place meeting your needs, where a payment above your budgeted amount is necessary, go for it. A small increase might bring the footfall needed to get high sales.