Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2013, 02:01 PM   #1
tmbrwlf

Default Wanting Input On Business Model And Standards....

I've studied and watched business's and how they work. The products, services, owners and employee's and how they treat and act with customers, also in what respect the business and its owners/operators/employees see their profit or bottom line and as to how this translates to customer relations. Now my question is to all business owners and the people who give advice to such people is this... whats the most important part of the business? profit and bottom-line or the customer?

I am a small business owner and i give warning my business deals in many fields and its business standard is not seen in any business nor have i found any business that can meet these standards or practices ... I've yet to find one that can even stand behind our motto as I do...

I pose the above question cause I have a theory and want to see how businesses see themselves and its products, employees and most important its customer relations...

The replies I believe will be interesting to all not just myself....

tmbrwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th August 2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Lucidica.IT

they go hand in hand. You can't have one without the other (well ok, you can't make a profit without putting the customer first).

the trouble here is that this is not something that's black and white, and making a definite decision is not possible.

I believe a compromise is often present, sometimes it's us who make the compromise and prefer to make a client happy, other times it's the other way around.

Nevertheless, it's of vital importance to always strive to exceed or at least meet your customer's expectation as no customers = no profit.

Lucidica.IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2013, 11:49 PM   #3
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

I say it's customers first, your front-line employees, first line managers/supervisors, middle managers, and top leaders. This is a reversed business model where the focus is to know why business exists. The answer is of course the needs/wants of customers. If you build rapport in all of these networks, then profits will follow naturally.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote