Originally Posted by Althea
I have had a business idea for many years and would realy like to get some input into what entrepreneurs think.
Welcome here on this board, after reading about your work profile I must say that if you feel nervous that's common to everyone to start something new, but atleast you're confident with your work, so after reading your whole story I remembered about one guy who is also a entrepreneur in music industry and how did he got success in it actually i followed him very closely about the way he was doing his business online..
And I think you may try it as well with a minimum cost, I am just trying to give you an idea hope it will works for you.
1. Setup a blog, write as much article on your custom home decor to teach people.
2. Get socialize through facebook, twitter whatever social sites is famous within your region.
3. Popularize your social sites online as well offline. In Offline you can use as for example putting id's on your visiting cards.
4. Use Yahoo live to air your program to teach people about your custom home decor program. Set its timings so that people might get catch you at that hours and get in interaction.
4. Sends periodic newsletters to people about more designing developments or anything which comes out new from you.
5. You can even air your program on radio but you can try this later when you are too much used to of previous ideas.
6. Make videos of your program about teachings custom home decor. Publish them on Youtube as well on your blogs, social sites and never forget to send those links in your newsletter.
7. Use social sites as much you can.
If you try all these methods I think you will get much success and from one single place you can teach to many around you.