Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Website Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th March 2010, 07:12 AM   #1
0zas

Default Your Web Hosting Provider?

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking hosting24 at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?

I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.

0zas is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 30th March 2010, 12:36 PM   #2
sequencehosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0zas View Post
I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.
Hello,

I am using Sequence Hosting (obviously).

It is not possible for any web hosting company to provide anything that's unlimited. Such offers should be avoided if you are looking for a reliable company.

Jack

sequencehosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Lex87

Even Google has storage limits. Better to avoid anyone saying they can offer anything unlimited if you really need a lot of something and would put them to the test..

Lex87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2010, 06:46 AM   #4
debtrelief

Godaddy is the best as per my knowledge, take a look at it.

debtrelief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 12:09 PM   #5
gnum

We are using godaddy.

gnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 02:00 PM   #6
BrittMalka

Thumbs down

We are using DreamHost at the moment, but will move away from them, because every so often, one of our smaller blogs are down, and they say something about using too much RAM. Their sales page says nothing about limited RAM, but - as DreamHost put it - it was stupid to assume that there were no limits, since they didn't write that it was illimited.

Old 27th April 2010, 11:43 AM   #7
rhwebs

Default Web Hosting Reviews

Check out this page for our experience with many of our clients hosting providers. We highly recommend HostGator. Their customer support is exceptional. Performance and uptime are the best I've seen.

To prove how good HostGator's performance is let me let me tell you what happened yesterday..

Someone posted a link to our website on reddit.com yesterday commenting on some of the designs in our portfolio. Our webssite received 1200 visitors in one day and our hosting server never seemed to slow down a bit. Our site is has a lot of database functionality as well.

Here's the link to our hosting reviews page.

Old 5th May 2010, 10:35 AM   #8
SmallBizShift

If you have a bit more budget, and some technical knowledge, I've been very happy with VPS.net.

Otherwise, a website with 300 visitors shouldn't be too much for even the cheapest shared hosting. Either they're confused, or something is mis-configured on your website.

An example would be Wordpress running poorly coded plugins, which can quickly eat up all the resources on even a powerful server.

If your host provides any way to view the server load being created by your website, you may be able to disable plugins/modules until you find a culprit.

SmallBizShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 08:53 PM   #9
cabdziner

HostGator would be my recommendation for paid hosting.

I have been using InstanetFree.net for over 3 years with no issues.

I currently run 4 sites, the hosting is totally free - NO ads or requirements.

It works for me. The money saved is best spent elsewhere.

cabdziner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 07:16 AM   #10
jacksmith5258

Thumbs up HostGator

You should try http://hostgatorworld.com/ as we and our so many clients are having the services its quite affordable and good,,,,

jacksmith5258 is offline   Reply With Quote