Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th April 2015, 10:48 PM   #1
AGameTech

Default Maybe Ill Get A Response In Reviews.

I have posted a few threads the last two/three days with not much feedback other than my Hello Post after joining but maybe I'll have some luck here.

My site is www.AGameTech.com and caters to the Palm Beach area in south Florida.

Let me know what you think, I'm all ears. Built from ground up in Dreamweaver. I am self taught.

Thanks in Advance

AGameTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th April 2015, 04:23 PM   #2
EricB
VIP Contributor

Hi Anthony,

I looked at your site and there are a few things I think that stood out to me.

When I first opened the site, it looks like the background image is blown up to big. The Capital A logo looks very grainy and I think the word Tech is completely cut off. It's hard to tell the word because all I can see is the tops of the letters. I've tried to attach an image to show you.

I do like the rest of the site though the way you have it set up with scroll.

I was a little confused by the Connect navigation link. It looks like it takes you to a different site that maybe you could use to troubleshoot issues. I'm not sure if you would want that as part of the navigation for your site.

Also, the images of your team were missing for the Marketing Representative and Project Manager. If you don't have anyone yet, I would just remove the image so you don't get the broken image icon.

-Eric

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	150  
EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2015, 03:20 PM   #3
FasterBiz

Default Website Review

There's some sharp looking parts.

I didn't see the graininess in the "A" but the rest of the logo has that look.

The scrolling is kind of cool. It did take a bit to load though.

The gray image behind the first non-white bar looks good but makes that font tough to read.

The prices under the Services seem cut off. Is that $50 per service or per hour or something else?

The images at the bottom look like they were images that were stretched out of proportion giving them a bit of a funhouse look. The image quality is fine, but I would resize them so that they are in their original proportions. The right two images didn't load at all.

The only of the Twitter/Email, etc links that work is the email for Madeline but it emails to Anthony. When you click it though, you get a 404 error. A few thoughts here
- Use a custom 404 error. As an example, check this one out. He does a nice job. It's not threatening or making them feel dumb for getting to the wrong place. It just suggests places back into the site to look. That way, you lose less traffic to a 404 problem.
- Your email links should look like <a href="mailto:[email protected]">text</a>. That will generate an email to the desired recipient. You can also do a standard subject too.

The "connect" link goes to LogMeIn. Is that what you wanted? Seems like it would take you to a contact me page or down to the contact section at the bottom of the page. Oh, I see, it's a connect option, not contact. Okay, so one user didn't understand that. I'd recommend that goes to an entry page and then tells me what to do and why.

I like the DIY concept and gives you good resources for customers that doesn't cost them anything. My wife still uses resources on the page for a pediatrician we left years ago. Keeps you top of mind and good SEO if you can get folks there. I might have a link to that handy page at the front. However, personally, I think the giant "DIY" is obnoxious. I recommend shrinking the font and then letting people know that you're there to help with resources for common problems.

One last comment, don't let it hurt to lose me. Be proud you helped me. If you lose me, I may not come back. You want a relationship. I like the solving idea, but no need to lose me.

Hope that helps.

Dave
http://www.wastelessbiztime.com

FasterBiz is offline   Reply With Quote