Originally Posted by Logan
I don't want to sidetrack the review, and will look more myself. But a couple suggestions.
1) Do an audit of where you are at using the checklist/book here:
2) Who is your audience/visitor? Let me walk you through a process regarding converting your visitors into customers ....
Using your imagination, can you describe 3 different scenarios where an individual might go to your site and why they would.
For example .... for this forum site. I might use an example like yourself. KRJ was looking for feedback on his website and what he is working on with his new business which helps others develop their business ideas. He did a search on google for [xyz] and looked over the top 5 results. After reviewing each forum ... blah.. blah ... blah.
I'm trying to understand who your audience/visitor is. Can you give a few scenarios that could help me understand (using real life or fictional scenarios) ...
-- once you answer w a few examples of who your audience/visitor is then I'll tell you where to go from there to hone in on working on your content to convert visitors into customers.
Here examples are:
1. Someone who has always wanted to start a business with that "idea" that always comes to mind but for some reason or another (lack of time, lack of knowledge, lack of resources, etc) don't take steps to further the idea.
2. People who dislike where they are currently in their career and would like to create an opportunity to work for themselves and be more independent from the typical 9 to 5
3. Someone who has lost their job and decide to start a business (although someone who has lost a job may not be willing to spend money for help).
4. Stay-at-home moms - many may feel like they lack the business knowledge and know-how to start a business but would like to contribute financially.
5. I'm sure there are some other applications but the above gives you an idea of who my audience is.
My visitors could be people on forums looking for help starting a business, could be people googleing "business idea help" ,"what can I do with my business idea" "starting a business with my idea". I'm trying to be a little more specific because something like "starting a business" would be a little difficult to rank for.
So, the million dollar question is how do I get these people to not only visit but contact me (I have made it this pretty easy providing an email address, phone number, and contact form.) and then buy?