Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th March 2015, 11:46 AM   #1
KRJ Interactive

Default I Would Like Some Solid Feedback For My Site.

I am the founder of KRJ Interactive, an innovative business idea development group geared towards individuals and small businesses owners who do not have a lot of business know how. Please take a look at my site www.krjinteractive.com, I would love some tips, thoughts, and some constructive criticism. No need to hold back. Thanks in advance!

Old 19th March 2015, 12:14 PM   #2
Spider
VIP Contributor

I like the clean open look and the colors. It looks very professional, at the same time, friendly.

I don't understand the need for the "Learn more" button in the top panel. Especially as it is the same link as "Let Us help" and "Click Here...." further down the page. Wouldn't I learn more by reading what's on the rest of the home page? It so happens that I do learn more by reading the rest of the page.

As your description is (and must be, I suppose) rather vague, a couple of large text, short testimonial clips might help explain quickly what you do.

"I was overwhelmed before I even began. KRJ got us started immediately..."
"I knew what I wanted to do but couldn't figure out how to do it. KRJ came to the rescue!"
(for example, and if I have understood your offer.)

I hope this helps.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 12:20 PM   #3
KRJ Interactive

Thanks for the feedback. I have read a lot of things pertaining to "whats below the fold" and that many people end up not scrolling down pages. This is why I put the learn more button. Would you still recommend removing it? Also, I am concerned that my "message" may not be conveyed in the best way (since you stated IF I am understanding correctly). Is there a more effective way you can recommend?

Old 19th March 2015, 12:20 PM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Switch out using the gmail for an email with your own domain. More professional, and reinforces your own brand and that you are well established.

Old 19th March 2015, 12:33 PM   #5
Spider
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRJ Interactive View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I have read a lot of things pertaining to "whats below the fold" and that many people end up not scrolling down pages. This is why I put the learn more button. Would you still recommend removing it? Also, I am concerned that my "message" may not be conveyed in the best way (since you stated IF I am understanding correctly). Is there a more effective way you can recommend?
Personally, I would eliminate the Learn More button. but let's see what others think.

Seems to me, you have to be vague because of the wide variety of ways your services can be used. If you get specific, you risk turning people away who could use you. Use very simple language (my suggested testimonials was an attempt to be vague and clear at the same time.)

I used a couple of pull-out quotes on my book page - eyes-prize.com - for that purpose. Check it out - maybe you could do something similar.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 12:42 PM   #6
Logan
Administrator

Expand [Helpful Links] if you are going to have them.

On the [Our Founders] page I would expand the information you provide. Tell them a story about yourself to make it personal. Engage them with who you are as a person and stories about your experiences can help others relate to you. Also, expand to include others that are involved - otherwise it looks like a one man show. Which is ok if it is, but you say 30 year combined experience. Any work you can show me from that? I'd be more convinced if I could see the result of 30 yrs experience...

Re: Learn more. To me it is a call to action. I would include contact us above the fold on the subsequent page. But I think the idea is usability/flow and it works for me from that standpoint. Home > Learn More > Contact Us. You want your visitors eyes to focus on that path - which the learn more button accomplishes, imo.

Old 19th March 2015, 01:19 PM   #7
KRJ Interactive

Good suggestion. Are there any other content suggestions that would help turn site visitors into customers?

Old 19th March 2015, 02:57 PM   #8
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRJ Interactive View Post
Good suggestion. Are there any other content suggestions that would help turn site visitors into customers?
I don't want to sidetrack the review, and will look more myself. But a couple suggestions.

1) Do an audit of where you are at using the checklist/book here:
http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=66225

2) Who is your audience/visitor? Let me walk you through a process regarding converting your visitors into customers ....

Using your imagination, can you describe 3 different scenarios where an individual might go to your site and why they would.

For example .... for this forum site. I might use an example like yourself. KRJ was looking for feedback on his website and what he is working on with his new business which helps others develop their business ideas. He did a search on google for [xyz] and looked over the top 5 results. After reviewing each forum ... blah.. blah ... blah.

I'm trying to understand who your audience/visitor is. Can you give a few scenarios that could help me understand (using real life or fictional scenarios) ...

-- once you answer w a few examples of who your audience/visitor is then I'll tell you where to go from there to hone in on working on your content to convert visitors into customers.

Old 19th March 2015, 06:35 PM   #9
KRJ Interactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I don't want to sidetrack the review, and will look more myself. But a couple suggestions.

1) Do an audit of where you are at using the checklist/book here:
http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=66225

2) Who is your audience/visitor? Let me walk you through a process regarding converting your visitors into customers ....

Using your imagination, can you describe 3 different scenarios where an individual might go to your site and why they would.

For example .... for this forum site. I might use an example like yourself. KRJ was looking for feedback on his website and what he is working on with his new business which helps others develop their business ideas. He did a search on google for [xyz] and looked over the top 5 results. After reviewing each forum ... blah.. blah ... blah.

I'm trying to understand who your audience/visitor is. Can you give a few scenarios that could help me understand (using real life or fictional scenarios) ...

-- once you answer w a few examples of who your audience/visitor is then I'll tell you where to go from there to hone in on working on your content to convert visitors into customers.
Here examples are:

1. Someone who has always wanted to start a business with that "idea" that always comes to mind but for some reason or another (lack of time, lack of knowledge, lack of resources, etc) don't take steps to further the idea.

2. People who dislike where they are currently in their career and would like to create an opportunity to work for themselves and be more independent from the typical 9 to 5

3. Someone who has lost their job and decide to start a business (although someone who has lost a job may not be willing to spend money for help).

4. Stay-at-home moms - many may feel like they lack the business knowledge and know-how to start a business but would like to contribute financially.

5. I'm sure there are some other applications but the above gives you an idea of who my audience is.

My visitors could be people on forums looking for help starting a business, could be people googleing "business idea help" ,"what can I do with my business idea" "starting a business with my idea". I'm trying to be a little more specific because something like "starting a business" would be a little difficult to rank for.

So, the million dollar question is how do I get these people to not only visit but contact me (I have made it this pretty easy providing an email address, phone number, and contact form.) and then buy?

Old 20th March 2015, 12:29 PM   #10
DantheMan
VIP Contributor

I haven't had time to write much down, more to come later.

Initial impression from your name was it's an interactive site. I was expecting maybe a live chat, now that is immediately interactive. You can ask for contact information or give other options for channels of communication while they're on your site and get the warm and fuzzy effect at the same time. Just my very first thought.

Dan

DantheMan is offline   Reply With Quote