Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > Reviews
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th March 2015, 12:23 PM   #1
MarkBrown

Default Please Review Our Adsense Earnings Optimization Service Website

I took the time to review a couple of websites here, so now I feel confident asking for the same favor here.

Our website is http://www.adwheretise.com/...and the page you'll land on is a sales page for our Adsense earnings optimization service. The service basically finds the highest paid-ad positions on a website (based on the ongoing analysis of the website visitors' behavior). We're still in the pre-commercial phase, so for the time being the service is completely free.

I'm looking for your honest feedback, so whatever you may think, do not hold back...seriously, we're far more interested in any negative reactions/thoughts/objections you might have once you hit the site.

So seriously, try to be extremely critical, and point out any shortcomings you might notice...basically act like you really hate us and you desperately want to find some reason for bashing our site.

Old 3rd April 2015, 11:34 PM   #2
FasterBiz

Default Please Review Our Adsense Earnings Optimization Service Website

Hi Mark,

Free advice, so take it for what it's worth.
  • Maybe it's me, but the phrase "how much AdSense earnings..." is a bit odd. It seems a bit odd gramatically.
  • You change the styling of "AdWhereTise". In the logo, ad is lowercase and in other places it's not. Noticed the same thing about "tise"
  • The link is "testimonials" but I only see one.
  • Not sure what it is. Is it a plug-in? An FAQ might help.
  • Might put before and after in the top graphic above the rest of the label. The spacing is odd.
  • I have to press "Contact Us" twice to actually contact you. Not sure if that will lose you someone.
  • I think you have to trademark a brand, not copyright it as indicated by the c with a circle symbol next to the logo.
  • On Google, it's AdSense, but you use Adsense. Small point but speaks to subject matter expertise and attention to detail.
  • You have data to support all the bad placement examples except for one.
  • Under testimonial, I think it should be "weight" and not "weigh"

Hope it helps!

Dave

FasterBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2015, 01:55 PM   #3
kindsvater

I like the fixed header.

The bootstrap style, though I am really tired of. I know everyone wants a responsive theme and Bootstrap was one of the first, but after seeing it on a million sites that all look alike I'm starting to gag on it. (Your Landx theme uses Bootstrap). In other words, I wouldn't say the home page style looks bad, it just looks like a million other sites so right away my eyes start to glaze over. Be original.

The amount of content on the home page is minimal. I'd bulk it up.

You need a privacy policy.

There are no trust factors and no explanation of how it works. Such as, do you, whoever "you" is because there is no explanation on the site, have access to any Adsense click or private data?

kindsvater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 04:32 PM   #4
EricB
VIP Contributor

I guess I don't really understand how it will work either. Is it a plugin, do you need access to the html files, how would someone actually use your product. Also, I see that you have a free trial, but after the free trial how do you actually collect the payment. Does the person connect their AdSense account or something? Before I would try something like this I would want to understand it a bit more, even before I register.

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2015, 09:53 AM   #5
MarkBrown

Thanks, guys, your comments are pure gold!

MarkBrown is offline   Reply With Quote