Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Insurance
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19th July 2006, 10:49 PM   #1
thecook

Default Where Can I Get a Business Insurance ?

Good day,

Hi guys im kim cook from Minnesota..newbie here..anyway guys, can i have your advice regarding where to get a business insurance? coz im planning to establish a new one in our town..so guys, i hope i can get any recommendations on what insurance to go through and what are you paying? I have been surfing the net to find a good and affortable business insurance which i can use.. i came into insurance-quote-free.com the cost was ok, but i want to know if there are any more out there who could give out something more affordable. thank you so much.

thanks in advance.

thecook is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th July 2006, 12:54 AM   #2
Matt McGee

I would recommend you make appointments with a handful of insurance agencies in your local area and spend some time with them face-to-face. You'll need to explain to them what kind of business you're beginning and jointly discuss all of the business's insurance needs. The agent will likely know of (or think of) several potential loss areas that you hadn't thought of, but should be covered.

Old 22nd September 2006, 11:15 PM   #3
Dream-Do-Repeat

Default Try your area's SBDC

Kim, you may have finished your insurance quest by now. If not, a great source for many questions re insurance and just about any other small business related question is your local Small Business Development Center. While they may not be fluent in your exact business they can point you to sources of authoritative info -- consider the SBDC the equivalent of your reference librarian for business.

Best of all, they're not looking to sell you and IT'S FREE.
Hope this helps,
Gordon

Dream-Do-Repeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2006, 01:24 AM   #4
Allan21

Getting ready to launch your small business? Before you clink together the champagne flutes, you should be sure you’re covered by insurance. Regardless of what kind of business you own, customers can claim that something you did on their behalf was done incorrectly, and that this error cost them money or caused them harm in some way. Of course, there are some things you can't prevent, like storms, power failures, or accidents. But there are ways of minimizing either the likelihood something will occur, or the impact it will have on your business after it does.

ALL THE VERY BEST!!!

Allan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2012, 01:01 PM   #5
chizcurlz

I agree with Matt, you can call them and wait for an appointment near your location.

chizcurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2013, 03:00 PM   #6
PacificReserve

Find a few local agents/brokers and have them come to your business location. They will provide you with quotes for free and you can choose the best quote!

PacificReserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 05:20 AM   #7
tonystark

If you call local insurance agent, they may charge for you. So, its better to search insurance service providers online on Google/Yahoo/Bing and search their a business insurance plan that suit for you. There will be a Toll-Free number on their website. Call on that number, they will provide your all the information with eligibility and guidelines.

Alternately you can drop your email or contact number so that one can reach you. Don't worry they will not charge you for consultation and suggestion.

Last edited by tonystark; 18th June 2013 at 05:24 AM.
tonystark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2013, 08:10 AM   #8
voyska

You can't go wrong with Hiscox online insurance. Check them out, do an online quote. http://www.hiscoxusa.com/

Old 14th November 2013, 04:15 AM   #9
Karry

Agree with Tony. Online is the easiest way to find the best suitable business insurance for you. You can get more and more options if you search online.

Old 7th July 2015, 04:10 AM   #10
david14beck

Default Business insurance

Find a local brokers on Google, Short list some of the brokers. After finalizing check their customer's reviews and ratings.