Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th July 2011, 07:24 AM   #1
LaundryBags

Default Blog Exchanging

Hi.

I found a website that is a free blogger exchange:

Has anyone tried a blog exchange site?

The site I am looking at says once you sign up you will get emails once or twice a day, Monday through Friday. These emails will list bloggers looking for expert sources, requests for guest posts, bloggers and web masters offering guest posts, and PR reps and others seeking reviews of products. When you see a request that you can fulfill, just respond directly to the requester.

I did sign up for this yesterday and was wondering if anyone has tried something similiar? I will not post the address to the blog unless someone wants it in this thread. Let me know....

The site also mentions requests for product reviews? Has anyone sent out products to people so that they can write a review of the products on their blog? I have some new products and I might send a request on the site (I mentioned above) to see if anyone wants free products in exchange for honest written reviews of my products. Has anyone attempted something similiar?
Tom

LaundryBags is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

You may post the link as it isn't self promotional and it is helpful to others.

I have used similar email lists, and know others that have also, and I've found it to be a good way to get guest posting going on a blog.

Here's a couple I know of ...
http://www.bloggerlinkup.com/
http://myblogguest.com/

Which one are you considering?

Old 30th July 2011, 09:10 PM   #3
LaundryBags

Default Blogger Link Up

It is http://www.bloggerlinkup.com/ I signed up for. I already got a few requests to write some articles. I will write a few articles next week and see how it goes.

Tom

Old 30th July 2011, 09:44 PM   #4
Logan
Administrator

Yeh, I do think bloggerlinkup is a good way to go. Keep us posted how it works out for you.

Old 3rd August 2011, 11:28 AM   #5
melissacatwalk

Well, the idea of the site is good except exchanging the blogs. For me it is still a bit strange point and I don't understand if it is possible in fact at all.

Old 16th August 2011, 12:51 PM   #6
LaundryBags

Default Blog Exchange

Hi. Update. I have tried to do the blog exchange with other websites. I have written several articles for other peoples sites. I email them the articles and hear nothing back. I have also followed up with emails on several of the requesters with no responses back. I think the blog exchange would work if people responded to their requests for articles.

If anyone on here wants to exchange articles let me know. I can write on law enforcement (drug smuggling white collar crime - I am a former Federal Agent), trapping, hunting, fishing, USDA farm programs, importing, sourcing products.

My wife can write alot about body building, figure competitions, fitness, diet, health and exercise. She is also a Gerontologist so she can write articles realted to "aging."

We did start two personal/business blogs where you can see how we write. If it is OK I can post a link to them here.....let me know if a link here is appropriate.

Old 31st August 2011, 08:35 PM   #7
daveb1
VIP Contributor

Hi Laundry,

What is the ultimate goal of the article exchanges?

If you can write articles there are plenty of places on the web to post them for free that will allow back links and have great page ranks.

There are even plenty of places that buy articles all the time. Articles and good content writing is a very hot commodity right now and there is no reason you should be giving them away for free with no real return.

daveb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 07:43 AM   #8
Hampers
VIP Contributor

I have used blogger linkup and it is a great resource to get access to other blogs outside of your niche for commenting and link building.

I also like being exposed to new authors and opportunities to share my articles.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Melva

This sounds interesting, I think I will check it out. Thanks

Old 11th November 2011, 04:36 AM   #10
kayetaylor

Same here... I think it is interesting, i will check it out.

kayetaylor is offline   Reply With Quote