Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Sales
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th April 2009, 07:56 PM   #1
Desert_Star

Default Trying To Sell Technology

We are trying to sell technology, specifically it is a portable underwater tracking range. It's suitable for tracking submarines, torpedoes, auv, and anything underwater.

Any suitable ways to sell technology?

*I have already determined what I am willing to pay someone to sell it, $150,000 for the finder's fee*

Desert_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th December 2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Buy a Business

Only defense department of your company will buy this technology what anyone else going to do with this technology.

Buy a Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 01:56 PM   #3
RevenueKinetics

Some marketing questions are in order first, I think.
Who is your target market?
What problems does your product solve for them?
Who are the decision-makers? (and what problem do you solve for them?)
Who are the key influencers
Where can you find those people?
What alternatives to your product exist now and why are they choosing the alternatives instead of your product?

Given the answers to these and a few more questions, one can begin to put together a program to find, train, and equip a sales guy.

More importantly though, Executive Management must be equipped to give the sales guy what he needs, and a document titled "Commission Plan" ain't it.

You must be able to properly screen potential candidates for the position. You must be able to collect the correct metrics on their activities, and then act accordingly on those metrics. Among other things.

RevenueKinetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 03:13 PM   #4
counterpart2010

Where is the white paper on the subject and can you share a link with us?

Everybody interested would love to read about this technology, Im sure.

Could there be any cheaper way to convert buyers who are searching, for this kind of posted material online?

FYI

counterpart2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 08:59 PM   #5
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

At some point, and I would certainly suggest that you're at that price point, you must overwhelm your visitor with education. Without really knowing what your system does it would be impossible to get anyone interested.

When I say education... set aside all the jargon and technical talk. Explain it in terms that the average person will understand. If you have to use that techno talk, follow it with terms like 'that means... ' and explain it in plain english.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2015, 02:36 PM   #6
Elfen

Eureka!!!
I know what you're looking for http://www.whereorg.com/al-shultz-advertising-1969044

Last edited by Elfen; 29th December 2015 at 02:39 PM.
Elfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2016, 07:23 AM   #7
cbcbusiness

There are many platforms but I think you post your classified on online platform which is related with your product.

cbcbusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 12:45 AM   #8
Brooke.Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Star View Post
We are trying to sell technology, specifically it is a portable underwater tracking range. It's suitable for tracking submarines, torpedoes, auv, and anything underwater.

Any suitable ways to sell technology?

*I have already determined what I am willing to pay someone to sell it, $150,000 for the finder's fee*
I suggest you invest in getting a list of interested leads that you can contact via phone or email. I know you're selling a product that's not overly common and a large number of the world's population won't buy into the idea of acquiring one of those, but you can still try.

For example, you can always go for leads that are interested in fishing and water adventures or people that have yachts and travel across oceans as a way of spending their vacation.

You may also want to track these interactions as a way to improve customer relationship and get yourself or your agents (assuming you have them) to become more productive. You can track interactions and get relevant data to convert these leads into actual purchases, and eventually loyal customers through software like Tenfold. Data is a business's best friend. If you really like to market your products to the right people and establish yourself a loyal market base, it pays to use technology to your advantage.