Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th August 2008, 12:02 AM   #21
Razzaq

Hi everyone,

Nice to find the interesting place with lot of useful information...

thanks to all the members for posting tips, ideas, information and links ...

keep posting

Take care

Razzaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th October 2011, 08:37 AM   #22
gudrunsmith

Send a message via Skype™ to gudrunsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeBob13 View Post
[ADMIN NOTE: This thread was split from the Zero Cash thread.]

Hey what a wonderful idea!

I've been working on building a Small Business web site for the better part of six months... full time

I've learned some great tricks from your work.

But I do have to ask -

a) Is it real that the common Small Business Person has access to all the Blogs that originally created your Viral Marketing traffic?
b) The event itself generates traffic, how can the average Small Business Person expect to repeat that effect?
c) Is it real that you received Google indexing at day 10? My experience, and maybe others, Google indexing and Google traffic takes months to acquire! Personally I've sent out over 400 emails for recip links. This has resulted in about a dozen responses, of which, Google has tracked only 1!

There is much more to discuss put I think you get the point.

I came into this bright eyed and bushy tailed and am gathering a different feeling. This exercise seems more akin to Martha Stewart saying to the girl scout, watch how I sell brownies. Martha immeadiately goes to her speed dialer and starts making calls

None the less, its a fun read!

PS - I've started a small business web site and have worked it on average 65 hours a week. It's a good unique idea that produces content. Currently I am seeing 40 unique visitors a day and have a Google Page Rank of 1. Sadly I find myself spending 85% of the time wearing a SEO hat, and 15% of my time creating content.
You are on a good track toward success, the biggest challenge you are doing already great to get traffic to your site. As you may know, the more traffic you get to your site so more you will make money, but no traffic means also no sales.

gudrunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 11:50 AM   #23
Hampers
VIP Contributor

I agree, most small business get into seo out of exasperation after having been burned by a ruthless seo 'expert' who has drained the advertising budget.

And then seo is a total distraction to what the small biz person actually does, ie make pies.

Also agree most sites are 90% seo and 10% content - although this is changing.

BEST thread I have read on this forum for ages - well done all involved!

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 07:19 PM   #24
BoBo_184

SEO is not rocket science.. there are a lot of things to do but each thing is actually quite simple in concept so is very easy to learn... when it comes to SEO, it's about repetition and perseverance...

My friend was recently seduced by the SEO division of a well established business directory publisher here in the UK.

He paid them 800 to help him create a Adwords PPC campaign. This company purchased ads for keywords in this configuration: Business+Name+Town for each of his 3 shops

The thing is his own retail website was already No. 1 organically when people searched using 'Business+Name+Town'

disgusting

To avoid getting ripped off like that, just devote the time to learn the basics of SEO. It's really not that difficult. You can still hire people to do the job for you but you should always know what need to be done.

BoBo_184 is offline   Reply With Quote