Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th April 2008, 12:25 PM   #11
SearchTroop

i agree.with 'RobAde'. i think SEO work, depending on if you learn some tactics yourself or outsource, the benefits are truly massive. It's a relatively booming field and not enough people know it's power. once it's setup, it still works for you. pay per click can get pricey...especially if you have a lot of "window shoppers". like 'onlinedownloads' said seobook.com is a great source as well as www.bluehatseo.com for some more technical aspects. Definitely check them out as i'm not going to shamelessly plug my own SEO company.

SearchTroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th April 2008, 03:28 PM   #12
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

If you can begin a blog about the success stories of it, you may pull in some other business too!

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2008, 05:46 PM   #13
J.Arratan

Hey Bryan, researching with the SEO books is a great idea. But just a suggestion before making any purchases, there are alot of free online tools that you can use to kinda get more used to idea of a SEO campaign. Here are just a few suggestions:

Download the Alexa Toolbar. - i think it's called sparky now though, anyway, this tool will give you an overall rating of your website at the bottom right corner when you are on your homepage. just to give you an idea of your starting point.
Get the GOOGLE page rank application - just another way to see where your website is at.
Go to www.webconfs.com - There are SEO tools here that are completely free to use that will analyze your website for you, and tell you what you need to do.

these are just a few things that you can do to not only monitor the status of your website but also give you a better understanding of SEO optimization, you wouldn't want to purchase anything without being able to understand what you are doing to begin with. There are a lot of other helpful tools that you can easily find just by doing a little digging. I hope this helps.

-J

J.Arratan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2008, 01:09 AM   #14
mace_joyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ellis View Post
What is SEO? I am quite new to marketing online! I really appreciate the help and ideas. Thanks!
SEO is Search Engine Optimization is the process of increasing the the amount of quality traffic to site from search engines by obtaining and increasing rankings in the search engine for keywords related to the website being promoted. It will help you a lot in your business

mace_joyce is offline   Reply With Quote