Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd November 2007, 06:00 PM   #1
Bryan Ellis

Default Newbie...I Need Some Ideas!

I run a home based business marketing travel. I have been doing it for about a year now and have made a nice income. I purchase leads and spend time calling excited prospects-which is great, however if could run an online campaign effectively, my business would absolutely explode being that commisions are $1000-$7500 per transaction. I have a product that is fantastic, I am just looking for information about effectively using adwords or any other search engine. If anyone has any ideas or sites where I could learn about this, it would be awesome! I know there is a ton of them out there, I am just looking for something that is step by step and simple to follow. Thanks

BryansVipTravel.com

Bryan Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd November 2007, 07:56 PM   #2
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Hi Bryan,

Check out the links listed under "Ebooks" down the right hand side of this page. Specifically, you might want to check out our own Jennifer's Small Business Guide to Search Engine Marketing.

Of course, just hang out with us for a while and you should learn lots too!

Best of luck,
Karri

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:51 PM   #3
Bryan Ellis

Thanks Karri! I will definately check into that. How difficult do would it be to create an ad and drive traffic to it in a highly competitive industry? What are thoughts on affiliations? I have thought about that a bit. I could offer nice affiliation commisions since the commisions are large and not a ton of work on my behalf.

Old 24th November 2007, 07:11 PM   #4
RobAde

Default Seo

while adwords/ppc are great I would seriously start to consider SEO for your site, their is nothing more pleasing than getting multiple requests from potential clients knowing that you are not paying everytime someone clicks on your ad.

RobAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2007, 01:35 AM   #5
Bryan Ellis

What is SEO? I am quite new to marketing online! I really appreciate the help and ideas. Thanks!

Old 25th November 2007, 12:27 PM   #6
torka

Location: Triangle area, NC, USA, North America, Earth (usually)

Search Engine Guide Blogger

"SEO" stands for Search Engine Optimization. It's the process of identifying useful keywords -- that is, words used by your potential customers when they're searching for what you're offering -- and helping make sure pages from your site appear as high as possible in the search results for those terms.

Jenn's ebook also covers basic SEO.

--Torka

Old 26th November 2007, 01:45 PM   #7
tannerc

Hey Bryan, great questions. A SEO campaign would easily help you and your business gain more exposure and popularity online. Once you've read torka and Karri's advice, head over to SEObook.com to learn more about a search engine optimization, how it can benefit your business, and exactly how to go about a successful SEO campaign.

If you are in need of more SEO resources, feel free to message me anytime and I can link you to some of the best articles for people new to SEO, like yourself.

tannerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2007, 06:52 PM   #8
didi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Ellis View Post
What is SEO? I am quite new to marketing online! I really appreciate the help and ideas. Thanks!

yeh.... SEO is Search Engine Optimation, it's about a startegi to make our site could be listed on the top of the first page at search engines, based on certain keywords, especially at phrase keywords. And don't forget to use adword bid tool, like overture bid tool. enjoy

have a nice day

didi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 03:29 PM   #9
ASpaventa

Default Yes, Seo, but...

I agree with SEO, but remember that SEO takes MUCH longer to have an impact than PPC. PPC is instant--- account, kw's, and go! (Ok, maybe not that easy, but you get the idea). I think a good balance is SEO AND PPC. Work on both now and you'll be set for later. For travel KW's there's going to be keen competition in both SEO & PPC, and probably some serious keyword inflation in PPC. Just be prepared, but I definitely think both are worth pursuing.

Additionally, when I first started learning about PPC I read Affiliate Millions by Anthony Borelli. It still explains the subject and being a seller very well. Otherwise you're in the right spot to learn about Internet marketing. Just nosey around. You could easily spend hours in this forum!

Hope that helps!

Old 22nd December 2007, 06:47 AM   #10
onlinedownloads

If you are interested in SEO, I would recommend seobook.com and if interested in Google Adwords, Beating Adwords would be great for starters.

onlinedownloads is offline   Reply With Quote