Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2009, 02:12 PM   #1
arkmobile

Default Shipping To A Trade Show

I have done several local trade shows and I'm about to do my first one out of town and I need to figure out how to ship my trade show display to Las Vegas? There are companies that work with the trade show but their prices are rediculous, does anyone have any ideas that might be more affordable and easier and more reliable than checking the display on my jetblue flight?

I'll keep looking and let you know if I find anything....

arkmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th May 2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Chimpie

What are you shipping?
How big? How heavy?

Have you contact the hotel/convention center/where ever you're going to see how things normally get shipped there?

I have used R&L and Roadway to ship large, heavy items before. I've never had a problem with them.

Chimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 07:40 AM   #3
Tom Young

Are you by chance doing the upcoming ACRE show? If not, what show will you be doing?

I have done shows of all types from coast to coast since 1975 and will likely be able to offer a variety of tips that may help if you. But your question is too broad to allow us to address without more information.

Give us an idea of what you will be shipping.

Tom

Tom Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 07:59 AM   #4
GWTofTN

If you are using UPS or FedEx you can ship it to yourself for pickup at the nearest facility.

But I agree that the facility holding the trade show whould be able to accomodate any shipments. It all depends on the size, shape and amount of stuff you need to ship.

If you have alot of stuff but not a full trailer load then you might want to check into LTL (less than trailer load) services from companies such as Averitt Express and you can pickup at a local terminal facility.

GWTofTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 05:52 PM   #5
Tom Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTofTN View Post
If you are using UPS or FedEx you can ship it to yourself for pickup at the nearest facility.
FYI - FedEx only allows Express packages to be shipped HOLD FOR PICK UP.

UPS allows this for all levels of service.

Tom

Tom Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2009, 08:25 PM   #6
webmaster8753

You may want to consider Uhaul and hiring someone to drive it. Make a list of all your options and see which comes out cheapest.

webmaster8753 is offline   Reply With Quote