Remember playing with Erector Sets and LEGOs as a kid? Thousands of ROBLOX players aged 7-18 are building fantastic creations online right now. But unlike bricks of old, when these kids are finished constructing their levels, they can invite thousands of other people to come play in them.
ROBLOX users have created a stunning assortment of games. There’s your basic cops-and-robbers style romps though brick cities, but there are also flight simulators, soccer matches, RPGs (both dice rolling and shoulder mounted), racing games, demolition derbies, paintball capture the flag, castle stormings – the list goes on. In fact, a new ROBLOX place is uploaded every 10 seconds. There are quite literally more games on ROBLOX than you could ever play.
For more fun, go to YouTube and search “ROBLOX”.
We are looking for a senior web developer. You will lead the development of significant portions of our website and backend infrastructure. We’re a .NET shop, but if you’re a seasoned engineer in the PHP, Ruby, JSP, or equivalent technology stack and are open to learning .NET (MySpace is built on it), please read on.
This is your chance to join a professionally funded startup in a rapidly growing and fantastically fun market segment.
* BS or MS in CS or equivalent education or experience
* A proven history of achievement – creative, intellectual, academic, and/or professional
* 3+ years experience with .NET and C# (or equivalent web technology stack)
* Experience with Ajax/DHTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, and RSS/Atom
* Extensive knowledge of SQL, Web Services, IIS, or equivalent
* Experience in a production environment supporting a live site
* Passion for games, toys, and/or consumer products
* Demo examples of your past work
* We are a startup company in Redwood City
* We are funded by a leading venture capital firm and professional angel investors
* Our environment is dynamic – we release a new build every two weeks
* We are passionate about quality in everything we do
* We offer competitive benefits and stock options
* For more info, read our news and forum sections at www.roblox.com
Please email resumes to [email protected]
and include job code 02-sb in the subject line.