Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th February 2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Rachaeln

Default Amount To Print For Tradeshow

Hello all! I need some help! My company is advertising at a tradeshow next month and we need some help knowing how many flyers and brouchures to bring with us. They will be specific to the show so we don't want to print too many, but of course not too few.

The show will have around 23,000 people over 3 days.

Thanks!

Rachaeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd February 2012, 07:06 PM   #2
trade-show-diva

It depends on what percentage of the people you think will be interested in your product or service.
That said, it is better to have some left over instead of running out. I'd figure out what you need, and then maybe double it just to be safe. Printing doesn't cost that much, especially compared to a few lost sales.
Good luck at the show!

trade-show-diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2012, 06:33 PM   #3
CAChristman

Default Calculate potential audience at a trade show

You can actually calculate your potential audience at a show and get the number to help you make some of these decisions. Go to the "free downloads" at the NowWhat?eGuide for Trade Show Exhibitors and there is a free worksheet and video about how to determine your true audience at a show.

CAChristman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2012, 09:13 AM   #4
Jim Ewan

Smile Save yourself some money

Don't print any leaflets or brochures. I forbid my clients to take literature to trade shows. Instead we have visitors complete an enquiry form for follow up after the show.

This approach does mean you have to convince your prospects that they should talk to you - and the right approach here will get you a far better conversion ratio than handing out pieces of paper that will almost all be binned at the show anyway.

Regards

Jim

Jim Ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:30 AM   #5
printchesco

If you are advertising on the tradeshow itself, then you won't be needing flyers. Focus your resources only on printing brochures for the said event.

printchesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2012, 03:05 AM   #6
printnstyle

How aggressive will you be in distributing these flyers? Only you can really find out the best answer to your question because you are the one who knows all of the details and can best approximate how many people you can give out your flyers, too. If you think you can print out 23000 flyers and still not waste any money, then why not?

printnstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2012, 12:18 PM   #7
louisg

hopefully the trade show you are exhibiting at is using a digital event bag so you will not have to print anything or you will at least be able to cut down on print costs and still be able to drive traffic to your booth space

louisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2012, 01:00 PM   #8
Display Experts

I would agree with Jim that it's pointless spending too much valuable budget on expensive printed material and better to capture data and send relevant information after the show.

You need to follow up on leads within a week after the show finishes (not a Month!)

You could consider having some generic A4 document folders produced, branded with your information and then you can insert only relevant A4's into them on the stand.

We have had lots of customers do this some of which actually print on demand on the stand itself!

I hope this helps

Display Experts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 01:37 AM   #9
NathanOC

Generally speaking, I'd bring 200 brochures with company services or products. That's 50 prospect a day with 50 "backup". Should be plenty.

FYI, use Literature Luggage to pack up your lit before and after the show. It's sooo much better than cardboard boxes. You can find it on Amazon or go to their website.

NathanOC is offline   Reply With Quote