Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Offline > Trade Shows, Conferences & Expos
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th October 2007, 10:59 PM   #11
FHI Windows

Fake million dollar bills. You can order them on-line and there is a blank area on the back that you can print your company info. They do not cost much if you order in bulk and everyone will take one from you. I have yet to find one on the floor like most of the other handouts.

FHI Windows is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st November 2007, 05:19 PM   #12
TradeShowGuru

Default Oh Sonic Rocks!

They're great to give out to other people, just don't give them to anyone in your immediate vicinity. They can get annoying. And warn people not to leave them near computers or credit cards because they are extremely magnetic and can cause problems. And I can pretty much promise that a customer will not give you business if your tradeshow giveaway ruins their credit card or computer.

Bags are very popular, especially because everyone needs them when walking around. Food is good, but once it's eaten, your logo is in the garbage.

Personally, I'd go for items that will engage your attendees. Noise is good, but nothing that's too loud. Light-up things can be fun. I tend to love scented highlighters. Any booth that has them when we go to expo's gets my attention.

Sarah

TradeShowGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 09:54 AM   #13
Wilks_eye
VIP Contributor

Quote:
I tend to love scented highlighters. Any booth that has them when we go to expo's gets my attention.
Please tell me they are non-toxic. Otherwise its sounds like a junkie statement haha Joke.

Since you mentioned highlighters,

- lighters
- mini-calendars
- soap boxes
- face towels
- a whole grooming kit (towel, brush,toothpaste, small bag...a hit with the absent-minded travelling businessman)
- invisible ink pens

You could always take a cue from Medical representatives. Medicine companies can think of the darnest promo items. Think of femur-shaped pens.

Wilks_eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2007, 12:31 PM   #14
TradeShowGuru

Default I'm not a junkie, I swear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilks_eye View Post
Please tell me they are non-toxic. Otherwise its sounds like a junkie statement haha Joke..
They are. At least, I hope they are. I don't remember feeling stange after huffing, err...smelling them. HAHA. Regardless, there's no way not to look like a junkie when smelling a highlighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilks_eye View Post
You could always take a cue from Medical representatives. Medicine companies can think of the darnest promo items. Think of femur-shaped pens.
We have a spine shaped keychain. Imprint area is one of the smallest I've ever seen in my life, yet it's a huge hit. Whenever I hear any of the art department members groaning, I know it's usually to do with the spine keychain.

Old 6th November 2007, 05:03 PM   #15
theawristocrat

Send a message via Skype™ to theawristocrat

here are additional promotional products for you and your organization. Other products to giveaway are silicone bracelets and personalized dog tags.

Last edited by theawristocrat; 6th November 2007 at 05:05 PM.
theawristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:59 AM   #16
addy999

really i must say ..this is a very good source of gettin information about promotional activities....i mean thanx to the thinkers....

addy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 05:47 PM   #17
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

The perfect Chachka COOKIES...one of our customers did this..and who doesnt like a bit of a snack walking the trade show floor!

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2007, 12:45 PM   #18
TradeShowGuru

Default Cookies...

The only problem that I see with cookies is that your logo goes straight in the garbage once they've unwrapped the cookies. It's like throwing money away. Granted, I love snackies on the trade show floor too, but if you're going to give them something with your logo on it, give them something useful that they can use again and again. That way your logo will be in front of their faces ALL the time. And you can always get cookies as your secondary promotional item.

Sarah

Old 5th December 2007, 11:18 AM   #19
sdk1988
VIP Contributor

On the cookie I saw, the logo was embedded in the frosting, so it went straight into the stomach! I agree with Sarah, you want to give something useful, but also something memorable, and this for some reason just tickled my sweet tooth! And I remembered it...

sdk1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2008, 12:20 PM   #20
CustomRoses.com

Default Promo Product Ideas

Hey I was reading your threads and just wanted to offer my services. We put logos onto the petals of live fresh cut roses, please check out our site in signature. Thank you so much